Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 12742
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Nurse Educator needed for Oncology Services
The Nurse Educator will focus on oncology nurse education and assist with supporting medical surgical nurse education as staffing needs present. Full time position with North Carolina state benefits offered.
Coordinates staff development and educational needs of patient care nursing staff, patients, and families. This is an advanced level position in education, which is performed under minimal supervision. Assignments may be characterized as those requiring collaboration to address staff educational needs within a specialty practice area and/or service. Serves in a lead capacity over others as it relates to special projects or subject matter expertise. Work maybe performed collaboratively for multiple disciplines across the continuum of care or for a specific patient population or service area.
1. Acts as resource and role model in use of evidence based practice. Leads unit/service based clinical practice groups
2. Assists in orientation and placement of nursing students in clinical units. Serves as resource to faculty. Mentors graduate students
3. Assists nursing staff in design and implementation of clinical nursing research/performance improvement projects.
4. Assists nursing units with preceptor responsibilities to ensure that all new staff are oriented and meeting competency expectations
5. Conducts learning needs assessments to plan staff educational programs
6. Coordinates orientation, staff development and continuing education for nursing staff
7. Develops evidence-based standards of care, comprehensive nursing plans, clinical pathways for patients and families and facilitates implementation of same.
8. Develops, implements, and evaluates educational materials, self instructional programs, teaching protocols, and e-learning programs for nursing staff.
9. In conjunction with other subject matter experts, develops and evaluates patient family education materials.
10. Serves as a clinical resource and role model, provides clinical supervision to staff in developing clinical knowledge, skills and abilities
● Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) from a state-accredited school of professional nursing.
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
● For Home Health/Hospice: Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
● For Home Health/Hospice: Valid NC Driver's License
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of experience in tertiary care with two (2) years clinical experience in the assigned specialty.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Center of Nursing Excellence
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.