Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 13259
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position is responsible for the efficient collection/resolution of the Revenue Cycle Billing. This includes working closely with the UNC HCS Managed Care office and payors to ensure problems are quickly identified and resolved. Works closely with other Revenue Cycle Directors to eliminate delays in process to maximize physician collections for the services provided. Responsibilities include operational analysis, financial analysis, problem resolution, personnel management and performance improvement.
1. Patient Financial Services - Responsible for directing all Revenue Cycle Billing activities.. Responsible for planning, developing, and implementing new systematic approaches to optimizing collection processes. Responsible for maintaining and exceeding organizational goals for the AR by using all systems efficiently. Responsible for identifying trends and optimization opportunities that will enhance staff productivity. Manages and monitors billing and collection processes, operations and policies, ensures adherence to internal and third party payer requirements, and compliance with established regulations, procedures and standards. Prepares and maintains reports on billing and collection activities and payment trends. Establishes and measures outcomes against department goals and deadlines. Provides direction and leadership to subordinate staff. Works closely with the Director of Revenue Cycle Billing to minimize denials.
2. Leading People - Leads people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Provides an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts. Ensures that team treats sensitive or confidential information appropriately. Works to improve and reinforce performance of others. Delegates assignments, clarifies expectations and holds others accountable for achieving results related to their area of responsibility. Encourages workforce engagement by building a commitment to excellence. Works collaboratively toward solutions that accomplish organizational objectives. Develops effective staff professional development plans.
3. Leading Change - Initiates and manages the change process, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace. Communicates a compelling vision and need for change that generates excitement, enthusiasm, and commitment to the process. Clearly communicates the direction, required performance, and challenges of change to all involved parties. Identifies and enlists the support of key individuals and groups to move the change forward. Obtains and provides resources to implement change initiatives. Serves as a role model by demonstrating commitment to innovation and continuous improvement in organizational performance.
4. Results Driven - Exceeds departmental and organizational goals and customer expectations. Makes decisions that produce high-quality results by applying knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Delivers high-quality services and is committed to continuous improvement. Understands the overall financial performance of the organization and applies financial concepts and practices to establish and maintain realistic budgets. Uses financial information to monitor overall financial status of operations.
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Seven (7) years of related experience, with at least five (5) years of management experience. Proficient in Epic PB Resolute highly preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Understands and appropriately applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Physician Ins Billing and Foll
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.