Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 10739
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
The primary location for this position is Caldwell.
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Maintains and assists in management of medical equipment by installing, calibrating, repairing, and inspecting medical equipment. Identifies and resolves complex technical problems. Provides instruction on the safe use and operation of medical and electronic systems. Assists in development and implementation of procedures. Performs modifications, upgrades, and software revisions to medical systems.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self, and others. Makes periodic rounds of assigned clinical and support areas to assess operation of medical devices. Notes trends, documents discrepancies, develops and implements solutions to safety related issues and equipment operation.
2. Promotes and directly participates in department services, special projects, and equipment support initiatives within areas of assignment and specialty. Prioritizes and provides technical response. in accordance with department policy and the organization Environment of Care guidelines. Interacts with assigned departments and areas to ensure service completion, system functionality, communication, technical feedback, and customer satisfaction.
3. Performs technical related response and repair intervention meet equipment operational requirements, system availability, and technician on-call assignments according to department policy, guidelines, and service objectives. Responds to equipment problems, evaluates, troubleshoots, and corrects problems up to and including those requiring novel solutions and expert diagnostic skills, involving unfamiliar equipment and having high level of acuity and complexity. Assists in evaluating the need to remove, upgrade, and/or replace malfunctioning medical devices from service based on history, reliability, and cost.
4. Conducts complete performance assurance and electrical safety testing. Performs preventive, scheduled maintenance on medical devices as required. Assists in the development and implementation of electrical and mechanical testing protocols.
5. Provides data input, updates, and accurate oversight of accounts. Prepares service documentation, maintenance files, and periodic inventories for review and quality assurance. Prepares and provides ongoing documentation in the form of recall and device alerts, monthly input to the president report, department project schedule status, biomed first response reports, and off site travel and labor summaries.
6. Manage assigned special equipment, installation, and upgrade projects to ensure quality standards, safety codes, policy requirements, and desired schedules are met. Submit ongoing project status reports and provide final work order submit at the conclusion to document completed outcome.
7. Coordinates, tracks, and assists with the upgrades, modifications and enhancements to medical devices. Submits ongoing status reports and final documentation to comply with regulatory requirements and manufacturer recommendations.
8. Consults with medical or laboratory staff to ascertain that equipment functions properly and safely. Demonstrates and explains correct operation of equipment to medical personnel. Conducts or arranges for equipment inservices and training. Provides equipment policy and procedure feedback and instruction.
9. Participates in equipment maintenance and servicing activity to ensure reliability and readiness of medical assets. Assists with troubleshooting, repairs, and corrective measures for clinical, electronic systems and devices.
10. Submits department special requisitions for parts, materials, and assemblies necessary to repair and maintain medical and electronic systems within health care facilities. Assist with requisition input to the electronic procurement database for final vendor purchase order.
11. Ensures life safety concerns and patient/staff safety needs remain as a core focus, as set forth in the Rex Safety Plan, the Environment of Care Manual and Department Procedure Manual. Assists with initiation, review, and updates of equipment policies for presentation to the Equipment Management Committee and Hospital Safety Committee.
● Diploma, Associate's Degree (AAS) in Biomedical Technology, Information Technology, or Electronics Technology or graduate of military equivalent technical training program.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Six years of related experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical publications, procedures, drawings and schematics. Ability to document clinical and technical information. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from physicians and other medical staff. Mathematical Skills: Ability to understand and apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, boolean algebra, and logarithms. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, power and impedance calculations, and various digital numerical systems conversion. Reasoning Ability: Ability to logically define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instruction in publications or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Computer Skills: Demonstrated knowledge of personal computer operating systems, databases, assembly, software applications, computer hardware, and networking.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: HCS Clinical Engineering
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Lenoir
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.