Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 13179
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Oversees daily operations, provides direct supervision to staff and works with the department's senior administrator and physician leadership in the deployment of operational practices to support our strategic plan, working primarily within the divisions of clinical care.
1. Clinical Program Management - Institute operational practices that comply with Joint Commission and health care system guidelines and policies that result in efficient and accurate charge capture and high levels of customer service. Monitor physician productivity, patient access, missed clinics, and timely billing. Work with clinic managers and medical directors to develop policies and procedures, unit specific goals and tracking. Develops schedules for coverage. Provide input on contracts for services with outlying clinics and monitor compliance. Collaborates with hospital directors to coordinate and implement IT changes that impact clinicians - documentation flow and communication with other providers. Work with hospital leadership to improve processes to optimize provider efficiency and productivity and quality outcomes. Coordinates with affiliates to incorporate billing and scheduling and patient referrals. May serves as clinic manager for any offsite locations.
2. Customer Satisfaction - Ensures high customer satisfaction. Communicates patient satisfaction results, letters and comments to staff and leads initiatives to improve consumer satisfaction.
3. Customer Service and Efficiency of services - Collaborates with physician and hospital leaders to identify opportunities for improvement in processes. Develop and track performance metrics. Assess technological and operational changes needed to enhance efficiency of operations with the school of medicine, hospital and system. Develop short and long term goals for the work unit. Lead and facilitate work and project groups. Prepare concise reports of improvement activities.
4. Facility Management- Develop facility plan, supporting policies and procedures to ensure HIPAA compliance. Work with the school of medicine and hospital facility planning to develop workable solutions as faculty and staff exceeds work stations.
5. Financial Management- Develops yearly budget. Works with accounting team to complete review of divisional financial performance. Develops plans for communication and corrective action as needed. Prepare financial documents identifying areas of risks and opportunities for improvement. Monitors compliance of clinical documentation and billing. Actively monitors charge capture processes to ensure accurate and timely charge capture. Works with financial/business analysts to launch process changes required by payor requirements. Analyze performance of lines of business within the division.
6. Human Resource Management - Works with executives to assess employee recruitment needs, and works closely with Human Resources to implement in accordance with health system policies and procedures. Works with departmental HR and other managers to acclimate new staff to the department ensuring access and familiarity to systems. Works to enhance productivity of existing staff and proactively plan long term staffing needs for expanding service. Manages the performance reviews and work plans for staff that directly report to them.
● Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Health Administration, Public Health or related field.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of administrative or business management experience, preferably in a supervisory role.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Understands and applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: SOM Amb Care-FPC-Other-F
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.