Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 13339
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The System Compensation Analyst is responsible for accurate and timely administration of system-wide compensation plans and structures, classification of jobs, audits, and salary surveys. This role develops and presents creative compensation alternatives while maintaining consistency with UNC Health Care’s compensation philosophy and pay practices. The System Compensation Analyst provides consulting and educational services to HR, management and staff throughout the organization.
1. Compensation Administration: Participates in the planning and developing of compensation programs which support UNC Health Care’s strategic goals and objectives. Administers existing compensation policies, guidelines, and procedures and recommends changes to improve systems and practices. Ensures the administration of the organization’s compensation program is cost effective and within budget constraints. Makes recommendations to management as appropriate.
2. Job Analysis: Performs job analysis by working closely with management to identify significant details necessary to define the scope of responsibilities, minimum requirements, license and other critical factors for job classification. Assesses comprehensiveness of information provided to determine optimal method of obtaining additional data or clarification. Ensures jobs are compensated in alignment with current market standards. Uses appropriate systems and tools to support analysis.
3. Salary Survey Administration: Analyzes market data utilizing third party surveys and internal comparative data to determine appropriate classifications for jobs. Consolidates and compiles information into a cohesive, understandable report for review by internal/external customers. Recommends appropriate classifications, titles and salary level for positions based on reliable data and sound compensation theory. Recommends appropriate incumbent salary. Participates in ongoing third party surveys in a timely fashion and reviews survey results to identify the organizations competitive standing.
4. Compensation Programs: Participates in the implementation of system-wide compensation programs including but not limited to market and merit increases and incentive programs. Independently develops recommendations for market adjustments. Identifies potential internal or organizational equity issues. Composes proposals, survey result summaries and supporting data in a neat, comprehensive format for review. Develops timeline and guideline criteria necessary for the timely planning and implementation of compensation programs and projects as assigned.
5. Consulting and Collaboration: Serves as an advisor/consultant to UNC Health Care leadership and staff. Maintains optimum working relationships with all departments and affiliates and provides timely responses to requests and inquiries.
6. Project Management: Assists with projects related to compensation plan design, revision and implementation.
● Bachelor's degree in a related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor’s degree: No prior experience required.
● If an Associate’s degree: Four (4) years of relevant experience.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Eight (8) years of relevant experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Strong analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills. Intermediate knowledge and use of Excel. Ability to build relationships and gain credibility with leadership and staff.Ability to work effectively, independently and within teams across the organization. Strong customer service focus. Provides open positive, mission-focused communication, direction and assistance to all employees regarding policies and practices. Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to organize and prioritize work, follow-up and meet deadlines.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: HR Compensation
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.