Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 13379
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The HCS Director of Compensation is responsible for the strategic direction, implementation, and ongoing evaluation of UNC Health’s
compensation programs, including base pay, variable pay, and incentive pay. They are responsible for leading the compensation center of expertise as well as functioning as a compensation consultant to HR leadership. The position is responsible for the enhancement of compensation programs and works to achieve greater efficiency in its administration. The HCS Director of Compensation provides recommendations on changes to compensation programs to ensure they remain competitive with peer organizations.
1. Compensation - Directs the development and implementation of compensation practices and policies that support the organization’s goals and competitive practices. Identifies innovative solutions to compensation matters on a proactive basis. Ensures data integrity as well as compensation compliance with the organization’s policies, practices and applicable local, state and federal laws. Oversees UNC Health’s participation in market survey. Oversees the annual merit and incentive process and administration. Advise and support HR leaders on the compensation process (market/merit reviews, salary adjustments, etc). Oversees the review of jobs and evaluations to create and maintain appropriate job architecture including job grades, benchmarking, FLSA designation, etc. Maintains salary structures for positions across the organization. Develops and oversees the preparation of clear and efficient compensation-related materials and deliverables. Assist with integration to compensation programs for ongoing acquisitions. Identify and lead projects across compensation to improve efficiency, simplify processes, and support ongoing initiatives.
2. Leading People - Leads people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Provides an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts. Treats sensitive or confidential information appropriately. Works to improve and reinforce performance of others. Delegates assignments, clarifies expectations and holds others accountable for achieving results related to their area of responsibility. Encourages workforce engagement by building a commitment to excellence. Works collaboratively toward solutions that accomplish organizational objectives.
3. Leading Change - Initiates and manages the change process, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace. Communicates a compelling vision and need for change that generates excitement, enthusiasm, and commitment to the process. Clearly communicates the direction, required performance, and challenges of change to all involved parties. Identifies and enlists the support of key individuals and groups to move the change forward. Obtains and provides resources to implement change initiatives. Serves as a role model by demonstrating commitment to innovation and continuous improvement in organizational performance.
4. Results Driven - Exceeds departmental and organizational goals and customer expectations. Makes decisions that produces high-quality results by applying knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Delivers high-quality services and is committed to continuous improvement. Understands the overall financial performance of the organization and applies financial concepts and practices to establish and maintain realistic budgets. Uses financial information to monitor overall financial status of operations.
● Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Seven (7) years of experience in Compensation, with five (5) years management experience in a Human Resources function.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Understands and appropriately applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise.
Legal Employer: NC HEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: HR Compensation
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.