Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 13444
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Shift: Day Job
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Intern, ISD EADS Analytics Community & Training (1: Onsite & Virtual Position) Location: Morrisville, NC
Supporting a network of analytics professionals at UNC Health known as The Analytics Community (TAC), the Intern position will ideally be filled by someone with an appreciation for data and analytics. Formal coursework in this subject area is not required, but it’s a plus. This position would be great for someone who wants to learn more about what a career in data and analytics in healthcare would look like. Depending on the Intern’s background and interest, responsibilities may include:
• The development of an operational Tableau Dashboard to help us measure our team’s success
• Participate in discussion forums related to data and analytics
• Creating educational content related to data and analytics (i.e. record a video or make a presentation on something they learned how to do)
• The opportunity to network with analytics teams across the health care system.
Intern, ISD EADS Data Science (1: Onsite & Virtual Position) Location: Morrisville , NC
• The ability to interpret and summarize the results of various analyses in a timely and meaningful way is required.
• Basic fluency in common statistical concepts.
• Superior computer skills are required, with knowledge in relevant software packages and languages such as, but not limited to, R, Python, and SQL.
• Experience on R/ Python and knows how to use commonly used packages like dplyr, data.table, ggplot2, tidyr in R or NumPy, SciPy, Scikit-Learn, PyTorch in Python.
• Strong database understanding and familiarity with complex data and structures
• A high degree of professionalism, enthusiasm, autonomy, and initiative daily is required.
• Excellent listening, interpersonal and communication skills. Must maintain excellent communications with customers and stakeholders
• The ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment is required. Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
• Excellent project management, planning, communication, documentation, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving abilities are required.
• Experience managing multiple and competing tasks/priorities with delivery deadlines
• The ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing is required.
• Great attention to detail and accuracy
Intern, ISD End User Support (2: Onsite Position) Location: Morrisville, NC
There are a number of implementations in flight that this intern will be a part of including support of our Blue Ridge and Southeastern [email protected] go lives. The main focus of this position would be working at our Morrisville PC Café, delivering exceptional customer service to our workforce. During the internship, this resource would:
• Learn valuable knowledge such as workstation imaging
• Win10 troubleshooting
• Training on how to use enterprise type applications such as ServiceNow.
Intern, ISD Clinical Engineering (2: Onsite Position) Location: Raleigh
Interns will get exposure to Clinical Engineering/Biomed support tasks... that is, checking in, documenting, repairing, and maintaining medical devices. This may include travel to other sites to support clinics. The intern will work under close supervision of a Clinical Engineering tech as most work requires technical expertise and sometimes certifications, however, we will seek opportunities to provide some autonomy.
Intern, ISD Project Management Office (1: Virtual Position)
Desired candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
• Good communication and interpersonal skills capable of maintaining strong relationships
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
• Team-management and leadership skills
• Documentation management and ability to use project management tools
• Attention to details even under pressure
• Time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
This candidate will work within the ISD PMO and may perform the following duties:
• Schedule and attend meetings between stakeholders, clients, employees and the Program/Project Manager
• Manage project-related paperwork by ensuring all necessary materials are current, properly filed and stored
• Direct project correspondences by preparing and reviewing project proposals, memos, meeting minutes and emails • Communicate with stakeholders to identify and define project requirements, scope and objectives
Strongly Desired Skills
·Strong Information Technology, Biomedical and/or Engineering focus
·Strong organizational skills, resourcefulness and motivation to learn new systems
·Ability to communicate with and influence business and technical staff
·Strong written and oral communication skills
·Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot system malfunctions
·Excellent analytical and communication skills
·Ability to work well in a team environment
·Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Prior education, training and experience that provides the ability to perform the assigned tasks.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: IT Administration
Work Type: Intern
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.