Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 12933
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Per Diem
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
UNC Hospitals Department of Audiology provides a full range of diagnostic and therapeutic services to inpatient and outpatient populations. Our department consists of 25 audiologists who work collaboratively with UNC's Department of Otolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery, all with the common mission to provide outstanding hearing care to all of our patients and their families. Our department's services are currently offered at five clinical locations: N.C. Children's Hospital [Chapel Hill], UNC Hospitals Audiology at Meadowmont [Chapel Hill], UNC Hospitals Hearing & Voice Center at Carolina Crossing [Chapel Hill], UNC Hospitals Audiology at Pittsboro [Pittsboro] and UNC Hospitals Audiology at Lake Boone Trail [Raleigh].
UNC Hospitals Adult Audiology is seeking Per Diem help AuD graduate student(s) to fill clinical admin gaps at our Carolina Crossing location. Some of tasks which student should expect to perform:
1. Pre-program hearing aids for upcoming Hearing Aid Fittings, Cochlear Implant Evaluations
2. Monitor, organize, and stock supplies as needed in sound booths and hearing aid fitting rooms
3. Prepare sound booths and hearing aid fitting rooms for clinic day
4. Disinfect toys and furniture in sound booths and hearing aid fitting rooms
5. Process hearing aid repairs and perform verification of programming prior to returning to the patient
6. Ensure all DME equipment has arrived, is correct, labeled, consolidated and prepared for fitting appointment
7. Data Entry: Cochlear Implant Visit Data (thresholds, speech perception), Cognitive Screening Data (MMSE), Tinnitus Data
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and skills:
·Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
·Ability to understand, follow and communicate/relate oral and written instructions and pertinent information accurately
·Basic understanding of the needs of the population being served
·Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, visitors, and other employees
·Must be responsible, organized, detail oriented, and a quick learner
·Must be proficient with computer skills; ability to learn and use UNCH computer system programs
·Strong troubleshooting skills
● High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Prefer completion of an accredited medical administrative assisting program and previous experience in a medical office.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of patients, or employees of organization. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent. Computer Skills: Ability to enter and process data accurately. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Pediatric Audiology And HADP
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 10.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.