Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 13480
Location: Lenoir, NC
Facility/Division: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Status: Part Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Accountable for the coordination and provision of professional nursing care appropriate to the age of the patient applying evidence-based nursing practice. Assesses the appropriateness of admission and treatment plan based upon clinical norms and judgment. Collaborates with other health care professionals and agencies to meet the needs of our customers. Accountable for input into departmental and patient outcomes. Serves as an educational resource to the patient, patient’s family,
1. Conducts psychiatric nursing assessments following triage and medical clearance. Uses evidence-based practice in the delivery and coordination of nursing care.Functions as a coordinating resource to other staff members by sharing clinical expertise in regard to psychiatric interventions and resources. Serves as psychiatric intake coordinator, facilitating effective communication between referral sources, medical staff and hospitals.
2. Identifies financial and community agency resources in response to patient needs as determined in ongoing assessment. Counsels patient and families regarding available resources. Coordinates patient referrals to appropriate agencies to ensure the continuum of care. Identifies and provides pertinent educational opportunities within patient’s/family’s level of understanding as evidenced through documentation and direct observation. Evaluates need for further instruction based on patient/family response. Seeks assistance of resource persons as needed. Maintains a current database on available community resources, referral agencies and serves as an educational resource to patients, families, physicians, administration and other staff. Conducts a bed search and facilitates appropriate transfer, when inpatient psychiatric care is required but Jonas Hill cannot meet the patient needs.
3. Conducts referral pre-authorizations for quality, utilization, clinical and/or financial initiatives documenting findings with accuracy and clarity. Coordinates activities with the appropriate utilization review personnel.
4. Promptly reviews, investigates, initiates and follows through with appropriate action on patient care problems, complaints and/or errors, ensuring that actions are documented and communicated to the facility director. Follows and enforces environmental and safety regulatory policies and procedures related to areas of responsibility. Monitors compliance with regulatory standards, as related to psychiatry. Establishes and maintains patient records and comprehensive service logs of all referrals appropriately and in a timely fashion.
5. Provides age specific care by:a.Demonstrating knowledge of growth & development of patient population served as defined in facility scope of service. b.Providing a safe environment. c.Displaying ability to verbally interact with patient/family or significant other to discuss treatment and provide education. d.Accurately assessing patient and documenting findings including appropriate pain management and age appropriate response to care. e.Using equipment specific to size and age of patient; involving family or significant other in decision making related to patient care as appropriate.
● Bachelor of Sciences in Nursing Degree. Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
● Current NC RN license or licensure from Nursing Compact State.
● Crisis Intervention certification within 90 days of hire and renewed annually.
● BLS certification from the American Heart Association.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires one (1)year of work experience in area of practice.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Communication Skills which are required for frequent communication with patients, patient families, insurance companies, social service agencies and officials, nursing and retirement home officials, physicians, nursing and other members of the interdisciplinary patient care team. Purpose includes explaining services, rules or procedures, providing nursing care decisions, and giving professional advice. Requires extensive communication skills, tact and discretion in order to maintain goodwill, obtain cooperation, discuss problems, or make recommendations.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Organization Unit: Behavioral Health Facility
Work Type: Part Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 20.00
Work Schedule: Weekend
Location of Job: US:NC:Lenoir
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.