Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 11554
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
*This position qualifies for our Nursing Support Incentive Program. The Nursing Support Incentive Program includes $5,000 paid over a three (3) year commitment. Learn more about the program here:https://jobs.unchealthcare.org/pages/unc-hospitals-unc-rex-nursing-support-incentive-program
The Children’s Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) is seeking a qualified individual to assist with providing excellent post-operative care to pediatric patients. The Children’s PACU is a 9 bay unit that cares for pediatric patients of all subspecialties post-operatively and/or after undergoing sedated procedures.
A Clinical Support Tech (CST) is responsible for assisting the professional caregiver in the delivery of patient care, transporting patient and/or equipment, setting up and maintaining patient bays and performing a wide range of clerical tasks. This position is a dual role including Nursing Assistant (NA) and Health Unit Coordinator job related duties.
The candidate should thrive in a fast-paced environment, communicate well with a diverse team, be able to adapt to meet the needs of the unit and possess exceptional customer service skills.
Schedule 40hr/week, 4 10-hour shifts/week. 11am-9pm Monday-Friday. Rotating weekend day requirement.
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for assisting the professional caregiver in the delivery of patient care, transporting patient and/or equipment, setting up and maintaining patient rooms and performing a wide range of clerical, transcription, and maintenance of the patient care unit desk area functions.
1. Assists physicians and other health care providers with routine examinations and procedures, as well as procurement of equipment and supplies.
2. Critically reviews patient care documentation making note of any significant changes in the patient's condition and make an immediate report to a registered nurse or physician.
3. Provides a variety of clerical tasks to include but not limited to organizing and prioritizing workload, greeting and directing visitors, researching information as requested by nurses and physicians, reviewing orders for logic and clarity, revising orders as requested by the nurse, answering the telephone/ patient call lights, transcribing physician orders, and maintaining medical records. Performs routine quality assurance audits, safety checks, and inventory of supplies. Provides administrative and clerical support including PI audits and data entry.
4. Provides clinical support assistance to include, but not limited to, cleaning the work area, maintaining office equipment, troubleshooting common software and hardware problems, changing linens, checking supply inventory, re-stocking supplies, transporting patients/ supplies/ specimens, and assisting in the orientation of new employees and students.
5. Provides direct personal care to patients as outlined in plan of care activities such as bathing, dressing, feeding, assisting with ambulation. Measures and records vital signs, and patient height and weight. May be responsible for specimen collection, skin preps/scrubs, catheter care, capillary blood glucose checks, simple wound care, range of motion exercises, and/or postural drainage.
6. Reinforces routine teaching given to patients by the registered nurse or physician and document patient understanding of instructions. Distributes patient education materials at the request of patients and/or health care providers
● High School diploma or GED
● Listed as Nursing Assistant I with the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services.
● Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of clerical or customer service experience and six (6) months of related nursing assistant experience, which may include a nursing assistant course or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Must be fluent in verbal and written English language. Capability to develop computer skills if not competent.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: UNCH Children's PACU
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.