Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 13239
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
The Recruiting Specialist is responsible for supporting and collaborating with both Nurse Recruiters and Hiring Managers. The Recruiting Specialist is also responsible for administrative support by scheduling interviews, facilitating the onsite interview process, entering and evaluating background checks/drug screens results and assist in all processes related to hiring and onboarding employees.
This position requires multi-tasking, priority setting, attention to detail, customer service, teamwork, excellent communication and organization skills. Must have the ability to use various computer systems and programs.
Work schedule is 40 hours per week; 8 hour day shift Monday through Friday with North Carolina state benefits offered.
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Recruiting Specialist is responsible for supporting the recruiting team. Provides administrative support on items such as interviewing, calendaring, greeting candidates, facilitating the onsite interview process, recruiting/sourcing, phone screens, tracking candidates and scheduling meetings.
1. Assists with HR projects, including Maintaining recruiting records and general HR overflow activities as needed.
2. Develops and distributes recruiting reports to recruiters.
3. Provide administrative support on items such as interviewing, calendaring, greeting candidates, facilitating the onsite interview process, recruiting/sourcing, phone screens, tracking candidates and scheduling meetings.
4. Support the recruiting team, including Sourcing candidates from applicant tracking system and resume databases. Perform ?first contact? phone screens with candidates. Interfacing with hiring teams.
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two years’ experience in a fast-paced office or administrative role; Bachelor's degree in a Human Resources discipline may be considered in lieu of experience requirement.
Previous Human Resources or Recruitment experience is preferred
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● * Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Previous applicant tracking system experience is highly preferred.
* Effective problem-solving skills.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to use good judgment and maintain confidentiality.
* Ability to coordinate multiple priorities.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Nursing Recruitment
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.