Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 13391
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Health Alliance
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Project Management team within Practice Quality and Innovation seeks an individual who will improve quality and organizational excellence through support of project management. This position will support the development and execution of projects and programs that meet business priorities to improve the delivery and affordability of health care, and that drive growth. The project team designs and executes project plans, coordinates and organizes resources, manages communication across multiple departments, and monitors projects through completion.
The Project Manager will direct and manage project development from beginning to end and seeing that it is completed successfully within the given deadline and budget. Define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders. Develop full-scale project plans, financial plans, quality audit follow ups, and associated communications documents. In general this person is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of multiple, simultaneous projects ensuring consistency with UNCHCS UNC Health Alliance strategy, commitments and goals.
1. Develops project plans, goals, and budgets identifies resources needed, develops schedules and methods for measuring results while maintaining optimum working relationships with all departmental units.
2. Responsible for program and project assignments working independently or collaboratively as appropriate to accomplish the assigned work. Identify issues and assist in developing strategies to address them prior to issues becoming critical. Keep senior management informed of project(s) status and any potential problems or political concerns.
3. Organizes/manages all phases of the projects to achieve schedule, cost and performance objectives, while maintaining the scope of the projects..
4. Prepares requests for proposals and conducts all necessary meetings to facilitate selection of project services and products. Assembles project team members assigns individual responsibilities and monitors project performance.
5. Plans and oversees the preparation and dissemination of project communications. Communicates with top-level management, project sponsors, and functional area managers/directors regarding status of specific projects. Produces project reports for the project sponsors and senior management.
6. Performs strategic analysis for the projects and develops objective means or status reports for assessing the status of the projects that are consisent with standard skills of project managers.
7. Coordinates effort and manages relationships with vendors and contractors necessary for any projects
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NC Health
Entity: Health Alliance
Organization Unit: HA Central Administration
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.