Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 13238
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
UNC Rex Hospital is seeking a full-time Psychiatrist to join its inpatient consult team.
• Rex Psychiatry runs a busy and growing inpatient consult service at UNC Rex Healthcare, an award-winning, private, not-for-profit, ~500-bed member of the UNC Health system, with its flagship UNC Rex Hospital in Raleigh, and recently opened suburban satellite hospital in nearby Holly Springs.
• Our diverse team of experienced psychiatrists provides both emergency and consult-liaison psychiatry services for ED and admitted patients 8 hours a day, 7 days a week. The consult service interfaces closely with key provider groups (ED, hospitalist, intensivist, subspecialty services, and others) and is supported by case management and behavioral health staff who assist with inpatient psychiatric referrals, aftercare, patient/family education, and policy development and implementation.
• Patients are seen throughout the hospital, including the floors, ICUs, ED, and behavioral health observation unit—a specialized 8-bed, locked wing of the ED with private rooms, open common area, natural light from large windows, and dedicated nursing staff.
• Rex Psychiatry has recently opened a psycho-oncology continuity clinic serving the Rex Cancer Center, which is rapidly growing; the current position is for hospital consults, but could potentially include an outpatient component if desired.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
• MD/DO, Board-certified
• Inpatient only, but potential for psycho-oncology continuity clinic if desired
• Salary plus bonus structure
• EMR: Epic
• 8 hours/day, 7 days/week available
• Experience in consult-liaison psychiatry preferred
UNC Rex Hospital
Founded in 1894, UNC REX Healthcare (a member of UNC Health Care) is a private, not-for-profit health care system. For over 125 years, UNC REX has met the health care needs of our community by providing various services throughout Wake County. Rex Healthcare has multiple facilities located in Apex, Cary, Garner, Holly Springs, Knightdale, Wakefield, and Raleigh.
About the Community
Raleigh, Wake County, is the capital of the state of North Carolina. It is the second largest city in the state slightly behind Charlotte. The current 2020 population of Raleigh is 1,444,000, a 4.18% increase from 2019. Raleigh is centrally located to the mountains or beach within a couple of hours and hosts all 4 seasons. Living in Raleigh offers residents an urban suburban mix feel. Both the Raleigh-Durham and Research Triangle Park area host firms from technology to biotech and medical industry sized from large Fortune 500 high-tech companies to start ups. Raleigh encompass beautiful green spaces, family-friendly museums and a growing art and music scene defined monthly gallery walks, summer concerts and music festivals. The schools in Wake County Public School System earn high marks across the board, outperforming school districts across the state and nation in end-of-course and proficiency tests, SAT scores and other performance measuring criteria. Raleigh/Wake County is also a mecca for those seeking higher education.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.