Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 13300
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Assists the Chemosurgeon by maintaining homeostasis and bandaging wounds and reassuring patients throughout the surgical process. Assists with procedures such as skin biopsies, reconstructive surgery, and resident surgery clinics.
1. Assists the Chemosurgeon by maintaining homeostasis and bandaging wounds and reassuring patients throughout the surgical process. Assists with procedures such as skin biopsies, reconstructive surgery, and resident surgery clinics.
2. Educates patients and family members about post-operative care, in accordance with chemosurgeon?s instructions. Answers questions for patients.
3. Maintains an independent medical records system of patients, digital photographs, correspondence, operative notes and pathology reports. Conveys important or changing patient information to the Chemosurgeon.
4. Maintains and cleans equipment to ensure proper working order. Prepares the surgical suites and laboratory for outpatient surgical procedures, cleans patient care rooms and instruments after procedures. Maintains inventory for the laboratory and surgical suites.
5. Obtains vital signs, preoperative information, and consent forms from patients. Relays information gathered from the patient to the chemosurgeon
6. Orients, mounts and cuts frozen tissue sections using a microtome cryostat. Stains tissue sections, mixes and prepares staining solutions.
7. Registers new patients, schedules patients for surgery, consultations, and follow up appointments. Serves as a liaison between chemosurgeon and referring physicians.
● Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: No prior experience is required.
● If an Associate's degree: Six (6) months of clinical or laboratory experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: SOM Derm - MOHS
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.