Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 13574
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Temporary Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs nursing activities specified on the Student
Nurse Extern Task List, safely and correctly, after successful demonstration of
task or activity. Practices within the limits of the position and under
direction of the assigned preceptor.
1. Performs nursing activities specified on the Student Nurse Extern Task List, safely and correctly, after successful demonstration of task or activity. Practices within the limits of the position and under direction of the assigned preceptor.
2. Identifies learning needs in collaboration with RN preceptor.
3. Demonstrates growth in confidence, while developing and gaining proficiency in using nursing skills.
4. Communicates effectively with patients, families, and hospital staff.
5. Maintains effective working relationships with members of the health care team.
6. Participates in unit activities such as staff meetings and patient care conferences.
7. Provides input and observations to patient care nurse to support the plan of care.
8. Observes progress of patients and reports findings to appropriate staff nurse and/or charge nurse.
9. Attends all classes and learning activities set up for the Student Nurse Extern or as directed by the preceptor.
● Completion of junior (first year) level in an accredited School of Nursing and evidence of active enrollment in a nursing school required.
● BLS for healthcare provider.
● Active listing on NC Department of Health and Human Services NAI Registry.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● None required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, technical operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write technical operating procedures and routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with users, vendors, and technical staff. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Womens&Children Float Pool
Work Type: Temporary Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.