Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 11929
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position is responsible for the management of the relationship with key Physician customers. Each Relationship Manager will be assigned to a region and will own the relationships with all practices in their region. Relationship managers are responsible for representing the Physician Revenue Cycle office and its responsibilities to the customer practices. Equally important, they are responsible for advocating for their customers’ viewpoints back to the billing office to ensure the revenue cycle is optimized. Revenue Managers work closely with the analytics staff to ensure regular meetings occur and are valuable.
1. Patient Financial Services - Responsible for directing/coordinating interactions with assigned customers. Works closely with all areas of the revenue cycle to ensure their customers’ needs are met and concerns addressed. Identifies when to involve others to assist in problem resolution Works closely with other Revenue Cycle Directors to optimize processes.
2. Leading People - Works closely with customers and their staff to optimize the areas they influence within the revenue cycle. Also works closely with revenue cycle staff to provide feedback to the practices on areas where changes are needed. Works closely with the practices to ensure changes are made.
3. Leading Change - Initiates and manages the change process, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace. Communicates a compelling vision and need for change that generates excitement, enthusiasm, and commitment to the process. Clearly communicates the direction, required performance, and challenges of change to all involved parties. Identifies and enlists the support of key individuals and groups to move the change forward. Obtains and provides resources to implement change initiatives. Serves as a role model by demonstrating commitment to innovation and continuous improvement in organizational performance.
4. Results Driven - Exceeds departmental and organizational goals and customer expectations. Makes decisions that produce high-quality results by applying knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Delivers high-quality services and is committed to continuous improvement. Understands the overall financial performance of the organization and applies financial concepts and practices to establish and maintain realistic budgets. Uses financial information to monitor overall financial status of operations.
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Seven (7) years of related experience, with at least five (5) years of management experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Understands and appropriately applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Rev Cycle Analytics
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Hendersonville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.