Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 13441
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Oversees the daily scheduling of surgeries and works with team to faciliate on-time starts notifying staff of delays or issues.
1. Monitors the daily schedule and facilitates on time starts. Evaluates surgery times and communicates with scheduling manager regarding problems.
2. Notifies surgeons of delays and opportunities to move cases up and adjusts the schedule to accomodate changes.
3. Collaborates with the anesthesia supervisor regarding resource availability and needs.
4. Participates in schedule planning to include offset evaluation, average surgeon time, and case start/stop information.
5. Ensures that schedule changes and decisions support patient safety initiatives.
6. Reviews daily and monthly room utilization; consults with colleagues and department managers to compress the schedule as needed.
7. Initiates schedule changes as needed to meet operational and organizational goals. Provides block scheduling feedback and input into the decision process. Informs managers of staffing needs: deficiencies and overages and recommends staffing adjustments to meet organizational outcomes. Communicates regularly with other operating locations to ensure appropriate and optimal management of the schedule.
8. Utilizes automation tools efficiently and effectively for scheduling, patient tracking.
9. Ensures quality measurement and feedback to managers.
10. Consults regularly with department team leaders regarding scheduling issues or patient flow issues. Provides feedback to supporting departments regarding problems and needs.
11. Collaborates with other team leaders and management to insure optimal efficiency throughout Surgical Services. Notifies Clinical Managers, service coordinators, or team leaders as appropriate with concerns related to equipment availability, supplies for service and positing of cases.
● Diploma, Associate's Degree (A.A.).
● BCLS , RN NC LIC
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two years nursing experience with at least one year in a medical office or outpatient setting. Prefer previous supervisory experience and clinical experience .
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret clinical information and technical procedures. Ability to document clinical information. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from patients, physicians, family members and other Rex staff. Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex SS Business Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.