Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 13441
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Oversees the daily scheduling of surgeries and works with team to faciliate on-time starts notifying staff of delays or issues.
1. Monitors the daily schedule and facilitates on time starts. Evaluates surgery times and communicates with scheduling manager regarding problems.
2. Notifies surgeons of delays and opportunities to move cases up and adjusts the schedule to accomodate changes.
3. Collaborates with the anesthesia supervisor regarding resource availability and needs.
4. Participates in schedule planning to include offset evaluation, average surgeon time, and case start/stop information.
5. Ensures that schedule changes and decisions support patient safety initiatives.
6. Reviews daily and monthly room utilization; consults with colleagues and department managers to compress the schedule as needed.
7. Initiates schedule changes as needed to meet operational and organizational goals. Provides block scheduling feedback and input into the decision process. Informs managers of staffing needs: deficiencies and overages and recommends staffing adjustments to meet organizational outcomes. Communicates regularly with other operating locations to ensure appropriate and optimal management of the schedule.
8. Utilizes automation tools efficiently and effectively for scheduling, patient tracking.
9. Ensures quality measurement and feedback to managers.
10. Consults regularly with department team leaders regarding scheduling issues or patient flow issues. Provides feedback to supporting departments regarding problems and needs.
11. Collaborates with other team leaders and management to insure optimal efficiency throughout Surgical Services. Notifies Clinical Managers, service coordinators, or team leaders as appropriate with concerns related to equipment availability, supplies for service and positing of cases.
● Diploma, Associate's Degree (A.A.).
● BCLS , RN NC LIC
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two years nursing experience with at least one year in a medical office or outpatient setting. Prefer previous supervisory experience and clinical experience .
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret clinical information and technical procedures. Ability to document clinical information. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from patients, physicians, family members and other Rex staff. Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex SS Business Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.