Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 13368
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Part Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This Position performs and teaches diagnostic procedures in the field of Nuclear Medicine. Specifically, this position administers radiopharmaceuticals, operates highly technical instruments, and analyzes the acquired data. The Nuclear Medicine Technologist works under the direct supervision of the Nuclear Medicine Supervisor and takes direction as well from the Nuclear Medicine physicians.
*Schedule for this position is Friday - Monday full time position, minimum 30 hours per week. Saturday and Sunday shift covers PET cardiac studies 6a-12p. Monday and Friday 7a-430p, varying hours. Position provides both PET and Nuclear Medicine coverage, participates in Nuclear Medicine call rotation and holiday rotations.
*Currently considering PT and FT position opportunities.
1. Administration & Record of Radiopharmaceutical: Identifies each patient, confirms date of birth, hospital number and identification. Achieves venous access and administers radiopharmaceutical. Records route of administration, dose and technologist's initials.
2. Describes exam to patient, obtains informed consent, completes necessary paperwork for study input of patient information into radiology management system for record keeping and charge generation.
3. Evaluates requisition, chart, and lab results. Performs patient assessment. Identifies patient. Confirms females of childbearing age are not pregnant. Arranges for pregnancy testing upon orders from the Nuclear Medicine physician.
4. May performs advanced duties such as found in Positron Emission Technology (PET) imaging and/or lead technologist role
5. Radiopharmaceutical Handling ? receipt of radiopharmaceuticals, proper documentation and proper disposal. Follows guidelines set up by Radiation Safety Office and NRC
6. Radiopharmaceutical selection, dosage and quality control review, assuring each dose to be administered is correct for the ordered procedure, correct activity, acceptable quality control, and properly recorded in the dose records
7. Set up acquisition and performs according to protocol, maintains patient comfort, care, and safety. Analyzes images and evaluates for correctness. Processes films and submits to physician for approval.
8. Uses RIS, CIS, SMS and PACS to generate proper documentation.. Completes all RIS orders with the appropriate and accurate charges added. Uses transport tracking system to arrange transportation of inpatients to and from NM department.
● Graduation from an accredited Nuclear Medicine Technology program.
● Registered as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist by the American Registry of Radiological Sciences or registry eligible and become registered within one (1) year from date of hire. Must maintain registry status and continuing education requirements annually.
● Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex PET
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 30.00
Work Schedule: Weekend
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.