Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 13623
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This is a Cash Posting position – This Revenue Cycle Representative will be a member of the cash posting team. This position will be responsible for performing a variety of complex electronic and manual posting function from third party payers and patients. This position handles a large volume of manual and electronic transactions on a daily basis. Successful candidates will be able to work independently, are well organized, and have strong attention to detail. This position primary works remotely with expectations of coming on-site as needed.
***This position qualifies for a $5,000 commitment incentive, paid over a three (3) year commitment. The first Payment will be made within the first thirty (30) days of employment. The remaining will be paid after each six (6) month period of work completed. Learn more here:https://jobs.unchealthcare.org/pages/revenue-cycle-commitment-incentive-program***
• Electronically load 835 files to patient accounts and manually work exceptions.
• Manually post third party payments to patient accounts ensuring correct insurance payer and any patient liability.
• Reconcile daily work posted against deposits received to ensure accuracy.
• Apply appropriate denial codes from zero pay remits.
• Add insurance to accounts as needed for proper payment posting.
• Maintain backup for all transfers and refunds on a daily basis. • Complete daily Excel log for all completed work.
• Research unidentified payments as needed through payer websites, billing system, or phone calls.
• Identify concerns with systems, training or procedures.
• Identify third party payer trends causing account reconciliation issues.
• Work offsets and forward balances.
• Provide assistance on special projects as needed.
• Work as a team member towards common goals.
• Perform any other related duties incidental to the work described above.
● High School Degree
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two (2) years of experience in hospital or physician insurance related activities ((Authorization, Billing, Follow-Up, Call-Center, or Collections)
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Patient Accounting
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.