Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 13397
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Serves as a resource and provides effective supervision to co-workers to ensure patient access processing is performed in accordance with procedure and documented in a timely and accurate manner in ADT and other clinical information systems. Meets departmental/organizational outcome targets for process accuracy and timeliness in the area/shift of supervision.
1. Assists Supervisor with co-worker orientation and precepting needs. Serves as a resource for all new co-workers and provides evaluation input for co-worker evaluations (90 day evaluation and annual evaluation) as assigned by management.
2. Serves as a resource and provides effective supervision to co-workers to ensure patient access processing is performed in accordance with procedure and documented in a timely and accurate manner in ADT and other clinical information systems. Meets departmental/organizational outcome targets for process accuracy and timeliness in the area/shift of supervision.
3. Oversees the co-worker schedule and staffing for the area/shift of supervision. Maintains staffing effectiveness by ensuring the minimum number of co-workers are scheduled and that the schedule is always current. Effectively communicates with other Team Leaders to ensure daily staffing assignments are flexed based on patient needs and staff qualifications. Promptly informs management when minimum staffing needs cannot be secured and/or overtime hours must be approved.
4. Serves as a role model to ensure both customer service and co-worker satisfaction; demonstrating a positive, professional, calm, and approachable disposition with all. Maintains expertise in the area of supervision. Personally demonstrates a best practice example for process accuracy and timeliness by exceeding departmental/organization targets.
5. Collaborates with other areas/departments to ensure optimal efficiencies. Promptly notifies management with concerns related to equipment availability, supplies for service, patient flow, customer service, accuracy and timeliness of the patient access process.
6. Ensures budget compliance by monitoring supply usage, maintaining and adequate par level of inventory, and promptly communicating any purchase needs to the Staff Assistant.
7. Ensures ease of use and customer service by promptly responding to pager #191 calls and tracking call activity. (Main Campus)
8. Ensures upfront collections targets are met in the area of supervision. Serves as a process resource for co-workers. Promptly manages customer concerns related to collections and reports all concerns and actions taken to management. Ensure staff utilize the estimator tool as a daily part of the registration process to provide a more accurate estimate to our patients.
● High school diploma or GED required. Associate's degree or Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent healthcare experience preferred.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Demonstrated competencies in both outpatient and inpatient patient registration for multiple service areas. 3-5 years experience in patient access services with previous supervisory experience desired.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret clinical information and technical procedures. Ability to document clinical information. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from patients, physicians, family members, and other Rex staff. Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Patient Access Rex
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job; Monday - Friday 5:00 am - 1:30 pm (Occasional Weekends)
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.