Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 12713
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Part Time
Shift: Evening Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve. Our Food and Nutrition Services team are true culinary professionals within an award-winning, nationally recognized healthcare system. As a valued member of the UNC Health family, our Food and Nutrition team helps to provide top quality Carolina Care, fueling our patients, their families, and our own employees. Our recipe for career success is reflected within our organizational values and what we can offer our team members. Offering a full comprehensive benefits package with up to 5 weeks of paid time off accrued annually, tuition assistance, and highly competitive starting wages. We offer higher hourly wage incentives for those that work night shifts and for prior relevant experience. See yourself at UNC Health and join our One great team!
The Dietetic Assistant-Call center position available in UNC Health Care's busy Nutrition and Food Service Department. Responsible for securing patient meal selections and special requests and needs via telephone interactions, in a professional courteous manner. This position is responsible for taking inbound calls and guiding our patients through ordering food off an extensive room service menu. Dietetic Assistants are also responsible for helping patients order meals within their dietary restrictions. We prefer individuals who have excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills, and the ability to handle multiple tasks. Bilingual in Spanish and English is preferred, but not required for this position.
• Follows proper telephone etiquette and procedures with patients, visitors and healthcare professionals. • Offers alternatives to menu as allowed on prescribed diet in accordance with food allergies and sensitivities, cultural, ethnic and religious preferences, when patient inquires or needs additional selections. • Responsive to patient’s needs at all times. Resolves patient concerns or complaints immediately and/or reports needed assistance to supervisor as appropriate. Responds to irate callers in a professional manner. • Complies with dietary restrictions on special, modified diets to ensure optimal food preferences are met within guidelines of diet order limitations. • Interacts with nursing and clinical nutrition team to ensure patient’s diet prescriptions are accurate, and patient’s food needs are met. • Adheres to facility confidentiality and patient’s rights policy as outlined in the facilities HIPAA policies and procedures. • Complies with federal, state and local health and sanitation regulations and department sanitation procedures. • Participates in internal and external educational opportunities relevant to the call center or customer service environment. Attends or reviews 100% of team meetings annually. • Other duties and special projects that are assigned.
● High School diploma or GED or the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos, and the ability to write simple correspondence
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of experience with food service or customer service experience OR hospital clinical dietetics
● If Bachelor's degree, no experience is required.
● If Associate's degree, six (6) months of experience with food service or customer service experience OR hospital clinical dietetics
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: NFS Patient Services
Work Type: Part Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 20.00
Work Schedule: Evening Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.