Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 13425
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position will consist of weekend and holiday requirement for our acute care department.
This is highly skilled, rehabilitative work with patients whose abilities to cope with the daily tasks of living are impaired by developmental deficiencies, aging, medical concerns, or psychological and social disabilities. Incumbents provide occupational therapy evaluation, consultation and skilled treatment for patients. They document activities, and instruct patients, family, and students. Work is performed under the general supervision of an Occupational Therapist II or Occupational Therapist Supervisor.
1. Completes OT documentation in the medical record per department guidelines and completes department records for billing and statistics
2. Manages OT caseload with efficiency and efficacy
3. Manages resources needed to perform OT treatment plan to accomplish the goals set for the patient
4. Plans and coordinates clinical programs in response to patient needs, technologies, clinical practices, regulations and reimbursement. Provides regular communication with physicians, supervisor, and others regarding OT programs and patients served.
5. Provides clinical supervision and teaching for OT students or staff. Plans orientation, caseload, and other learning activities. Provides regular feedback and coaching. Evaluates the learner's performance.
6. Selects and performs appropriate Occupational Therapy (OT) evaluation procedures to identify and assess problems. Sets treatment goals and devises a treatment plan. Re-evaluates and adjusts the treatment plan in response to the patient's changing condition and discharge plans.
● Graduation from an accredited Occupational Therapy program.
● Licensed as an Occupational Therapist in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex IP Rehab Svcs
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 4.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.