Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 13059
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Rex Emergency Response Team (ERT) is an advanced life support emergency medical service that provides on-site emergency medical care to all patients including critically ill or injured patients prior to the arrival of local mobile advanced life support transport (EMS). The staff of ERT consist of multi-disciplinary health care providers, lead by a physician medical director. It consists of the Medical Director (MD), RNs, Paramedics, and Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs). ERT provides medical care coverage at approximately 700 events per year. Some events are through contracts established by Rex Hospital, some are community services, and some are in-kind sponsorships through Rex Healthcare Marketing. The ERT Team Leader serves as a clinical and management resource and oversees compliance of Medical Director-approved protocols which meet NC Board of Nursing and NC Office of EMS standards and regulations. This position requires effective communications and working relationships with the Medical Director, Director, and Manager of the Rex Hospital Community Emergency Management Services Department.
1. Assures efficient staffing/patient care assignments according to event needs, including biophysical, psychosocial, and age specific needs, and compentency of staff. Maintains staffing effectiveness by ensuring the minimum numbers of co-workers are scheduled and that the schedule is always current. Promptly informs management when minimum staffing needs cannot be secured and/or overtime hours must be approved.
2. Serves as a clinical and management resource for decision-making, problem solving, and employee performance reviews. Acts as liaison between staff, management and external customers of ERT services.
3. Plans, coordinates, and integrates department services within the department and with other departments throughout the organization.
4. Assures the implementation of policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of services.
5. Serves as a role model to ensure both customer service and co-worker satisfaction; demonstrating a positive, professional, calm, and approachable disposition with all. Meets the organizational target for both customer service and co-worker satisfaction scores.
6. Collaborates with other areas of CEMS to ensure optimal efficiencies. Promptly notifies management with concerns related to equipment availability, supplies for service, scheduling, customer service, accuracy and timeliness of the time keeping and billing processes.
7. Assures clinical practice is based on current knowledge of professional practice standards, laws, and regulations, and current research.
8. Collaborates with the department educator and assists with co-worker orientation/precepting and continuing education needs. Serves as an instructor and resource assistance for the educator.
9. Participates in performance improvement and quality improvement activities.
10. Provides evaluation input via Lawson for co-worker evaluations (90 day evaluation and annual evaluation) as assigned by management.
11. Ensures budget compliance by monitoring staff and supply usage, maintaining an adequate par level of inventory, and promptly communicating any purchase needs to the department manager for approval.
12. Ensures appropriate QA actions are performed by properly credentialed co-workers.
13. Maintains knowledge of healthcare based emergency management principles and practices and system emergency operations plans and serves as back up to system Emergency Preparedness Manager in his/her absence.
● Associate's degree from an accredited school of Nursing or Allied Health preferred.
● Requires PALS;ACLS;BCLS;NCDL;NC EMT-P
● Prefer PALS INSTR;ACLS INSTR;BCLS INSTR
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Experience in healthcare setting with exposure to patient registration, scheduling, or insurance authorization processes. Prior experience with scheduling or registration software systems. Prior administrative or management experience in a call center environment is preferred. Requires exceptional customer service and organizational skills.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10?s and 100?s. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. REASONING ABILITY Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to define problems, collect data or information, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to develop independent solutions.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Emergency Response Team
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.