Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 13647
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Carolina Clinic in Chapel Hill has been delivering personalized healthcare since 2009. If you want to be part of a small team, laser focused on white glove patient experience, come work with us. The licensed practical nurse provides direct patient care within the scope of practice for the Licensed Practical Nurse. Processes privileged patient health information, processes physician orders, returns patient calls, and other duties as assigned.
1. Maintains compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
2. Demonstrates competence in patient care skills within the scope of practice for the Licensed Practical Nurse to include assisting with exams and procedures, administering medications, reinforcing patient education, and other procedures as directed by the RN or physician.
3. Documents care provided in the patient's medical record.
4. Processes orders, returns patient calls, and notifies patients of diagnostic results as directed by the physician.
5. Assists with the maintenance of adequate supplies, and performs and documents medical equipment safety checks.
6. Maintains compliance with established safety and regulatory guidelines, including HIPAA, OSHA, and infection prevention policies and procedures. Participates in unit performance improvement activities.
7. Demonstrates good customer service skills when interacting with patients, families, and visitors. Exhibits effective communication skills and team work.
● Requires graduation from a state accredited program of practical nurse education including a pharmacology course (or completion of an approved pharmacology course upon graduation) which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities needed for the administration of medications required by the work setting
● Licensed to practice as a Practical Nurse (LPN) in the applicable state (NC or VA).
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required. Previous physician office experience and internal medicine experience preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: UNCPN The Carolina Clinic
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.