Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 13013
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
UNC Therapy Services is accepting applications for an Occupational Therapist I for the Ambulatory Care Center Hand Center. The outpatient position includes evaluation and treatment of various upper extremity diagnoses including arthroplasties, fractures, tendon repairs, nerve repairs/compressions, and tendonopathies. Candidate should be competent in splint fabrication for above diagnoses including static progressive/dynamic splinting. Candidate must be able to work well on their own but also collaborate with onsite interdisciplinary group of healthcare professionals. Excellent time management, communication, organizational skills and flexibility due to walk in/add on nature of clinic from various hand surgeons. Selected Candidate will work 40 hours a week M-F. The ideal candidate would have 1-2 years of hand therapy experience preferred.
1. Diagnostic Testing - Administers basic & complex diagnostic tests and evaluations in the area of Occupational Therapy for the treatment of functional deficits and related impairments.
2. Education - Teach & supervise graduate Occupational Therapy students and/or clinical fellows/residents. Develops or contributes to innovative programs to enhance patient care. Serves as resource consultant to other clinicians in respective specialty area.
3. Evaluation of Care - Analyzes results of diagnostic and or therapeutic testing to establish patient goals and or modify subsequent treatment programs. Identifies expected patient outcomes. Communicates relevant information to promote continuity of care.
4. Implementation-- Selects and applies current and advanced techniques to provide quality and efficient rehabilitative services. Provides habilitation/rehabilitation and maintenance of persons with related impairments. Organizes and prioritizes care according to patient/family needs.
5. Outreach/Community Involvement-Serves as resource to North Carolina government departments and statewide health professionals in specialty areas. Presents at local (university/hospital) or state level, participates in community health screening and events. Participates in the development of new clinical programs to meet emerging needs in conjunction with the clinical specialist and/or department director.
6. Participation - Contributes to quality of clinical services through attendance and participation in departmental meetings and in-services.
7. Quality-Contributes to quality of clinical services through maintenance of valid & reliable records of patient procedures & progress. Participates in quality improvement initiatives with the clinical specialist and other healthcare professionals. Participates in continuous quality improvement efforts in conjunction with the department director.
● Graduation from an accredited Occupational Therapy program.
● Licensed as an Occupational Therapist in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: UNC Therapy Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.