Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 12999
Location: Cary, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Part Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Ensures the safety of all members using the Northwest Cary Wellness Center aquatics facility. Maintains equipment and cleanliness of the facility.
1. Answers questions and responds to requests from members regarding aquatics facility and services
2. Maintains the cleanliness of the swimming pool by completing tasks as outlined in the daily cleaning checklist, vacuuming the pool bottom, cleaning gutters, eliminating puddles on the pool deck and picking up any trash. Ensures the pool and whirlpool are maintained at the proper temperatures and depth, chlorine and pH levels.
3. Monitors all users of the pool to ensure safety and prevent drowning. When necessary, administers first aid, perform a water rescue, and/or administer CPR if necessary. Enforces all pool rules, health regulations and Center policies
● None required.
● Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
● American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Prior experience working with consumers with special needs such as arthritis, heart disease, and physical injuries or handicaps.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Northwest Cary Wellness Center
Work Type: Part Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 20.00
Work Schedule: Rotating
Location of Job: US:NC:Cary
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.