Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 13799
Location: Lenoir, NC
Facility/Division: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Experienced Hospitalist Needed in Beautiful Western, NC
Caldwell UNC Health is the choice for health care in Caldwell County. The Emergency Department sees approximately 30,000 visits a year. Caldwell Physician Network provides the majority of primary care and select specialty care to our market from eleven separate medical park locations throughout the county. Our 137-bed licensed hospital is a member of the UNC Health System.
• Work with a team of experienced and highly skilled physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners
• 12 open ICU beds with average daily total team "hospitalist" census of 45 patients (10 ICU), candidate must be comfortable managing ICU patients (no Intensivist on site)
• This is a replacement role for a retiring physician. Open ICU experience is required to fill the gap left by the retiring physician’s skill set. IM trained is preferred (does not have to be critical care).
• Experience with procedures is required (central line & vent management)
• 12 hour shifts 7 on 7 off rotation (Monday-Sunday) or modified options
• EMR - Epic
• 2 MDs and 2 Mid-levels working on a 7:00 am - 7:00 pm shift
• 10-14 patients per provider
• Specialty backup: Cardiology, GI, Nephrology, General Surgery, Vascular Surgery, ENT, Pulmonary
• Location- 321 Mulberry Street, SW, Lenoir, NC 28645
Lifestyle, Scenery, Recreation, Friendship, Professional Career—Have it ALL!
• Location in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Northwestern North Carolina w/4 seasons!
• Proximity to higher education opportunities: Appalachian State University in Boone, NC; Lenoir-Rhyne University in Hickory, NC; Caldwell Community College & Technical Institute in Hudson, NC
• One hour-and-ten-minutes travel time each to: Charlotte Douglas International Airport; the eclectic attractions of Asheville; the arts and history of Winston-Salem; and only 20 minutes to the North Carolina High Country and the mountain resort community of Blowing Rock.
• Relocation allowance, liability coverage, PTO, CME allowance, sign-on potential
To be considered, please email your CV to [email protected]
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.