Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 13512
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The System Director, Transformation Office, has responsibility for orchestrating and driving the successful implementation of UNC Health’s Unified Strategy. The System Director provides leadership, coordination and management of processes and operations to enable the system to effectively execute aligned transformation strategies, creating a culture of high performance.
1. Portfolio Management -- Oversees portfolio of programs and projects and ensures that initiatives maintain alignment with the evolving system strategy. Develops and maintains project management methodologies, standards and tools in order to achieve strategic goals. Develops and manages framework for issue resolution, risk mitigation and portfolio dashboard reporting in order to provide a unified view of progress and assist leadership in collectively analyzing and managing current and proposed initiatives. Assesses resource allocation, budget spend and return on investment of strategic initiatives. Generates critical path analyses and supports scenario planning in order to inform decision making. Leverages data and analytics to create a metrics-based approach to initiative performance management to drive accountability.
2. Program and Project Management – Supports business partners by providing program and project management support to advance select initiatives focused on cross-cutting and complex efforts that impact the organization as a system, as well as major initiatives at the entity or regional level. Organizes and manages personnel and teams to achieve quality, cost and performance objectives, while maintaining the scope of the projects. Responsible for directly managing staff in order to ensure that programs and projects are executed effectively and efficiently. Provides leadership for key transformation initiatives until they can be transitioned to permanent operational “homes”.
3. Leading Change - Initiates and manages the change process, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace. Communicates a compelling vision and need for change that generates excitement, enthusiasm, and commitment to the process. Clearly communicates the direction, required performance, and challenges of change to all involved parties. Identifies and enlists the support of key individuals and groups to move the change forward. Obtains and provides resources to implement change initiatives. Serves as a role model by demonstrating commitment to innovation and continuous improvement in organizational performance.
4. Leading People - Leads people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Provides an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts. Treats sensitive or confidential information appropriately. Works to improve and reinforce performance of others. Delegates assignments, clarifies expectations and holds others accountable for achieving results related to their area of responsibility. Encourages workforce engagement by building a commitment to excellence. Works collaboratively toward solutions that accomplish organizational objectives.
5. Results Driven - Exceeds departmental and organizational goals and customer expectations. Makes decisions that produce high-quality results by applying knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Delivers high-quality services and is committed to continuous improvement. Understands the overall financial performance of the organization and applies financial concepts and practices to establish and maintain realistic budgets. Uses financial information to monitor overall financial status of operations.
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Seven (7) years of relevant experience (e.g., finance, strategy, consulting, enterprise PMO) or two years at a top tier consulting firm with four (4) years of other relevant work experience. A minimum of five (5) years of management experience is required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● · Understands and applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise.
· Strong knowledge and understanding of the healthcare industry.
· Substantial team coaching and leadership experience with a demonstrated ability to develop talent.
· Proven track record of successful project delivery in rapidly evolving and complex organizational environment. Ability to translate global strategy into short term accountabilities and bring initiatives to successful completion on time and within budget.
· Strong analytical, communications, leadership, and change management skills. Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills.
· Ability to develop and maintain trusting relationships with individuals across the organization. Strong team player who works collaboratively and is equally at ease with employees, peers and senior executives.
· Able to manage high levels of complexity in situations where results must be achieved from individuals and functions not under one’s direct control.
· Highly motivated and demonstrates initiative to proactively address problems and develop solutions. Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to find agreement on issues and follows through on implementation.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Strategy Execution
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.