Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 13686
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This person will serve as the point person for communicating Human Resources initiatives across UNC Health. In this role, the person will develop and implement strategies and communications plans to support the goals of UNC Health and the UNC School of Medicine of being a national leader in teammate experience and engagement. This person will be embedded with UNC Health’s Human Resources division to drive the communications strategy and report into UNC Health’s Internal Communications team to ensure alignment with our overall communications plans and approach.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Develop an overall communications plan and strategy, and lead the creation of associated materials (both written and visual) to promote UNC Health as a national leader in teammate experience and engagement aligning with our people strategy.
2. Partner with HR leadership and their teams to develop communication and process design needs and objectives.
3. Proactively offer creative solutions to ensure all HR communications are clear, consistent, engaging, relevant, timely and fully support the organization’s vision and strategic priorities.
4. Design and develop the HR newsletter by working with subject matter experts to gather and edit content.
5. Actively contribute to HR projects or special programs and support HR cross-functional initiatives as appropriate.
6. Partner with the HR Centers of Expertise (Benefits, Compensation, Talent, Learning & Organizational Development, etc.) to coordinate the content management process for ensuring the myHR Portal stays up to date and relevent to ensure a postive teammate experience.
7. Works closely with UNC Health and UNC School of Medicine Human Resources leaders and executives to build relationships and leverage communications channels across the health system and school.
8. Partners with UNC Health’s Internal Communications team to maximize effectiveness of communications and to ensure this work is reflected as a priority across the health system and school.
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of experience in communications, public relations, marketing or related field.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent oral and written communication skills, knowledge of medical research concepts sufficient to enable communication with clinical and basic science faculty.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: HR Administration
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.