Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 13912
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Senior System Learning & Organization Development Consultant provides organizational development project management across UNC Health Care. This role is accountable for researching best practices and advancing learning and development tools and approaches within the HR community and throughout the health system. The role will advise and coach individuals and groups across the organization in the effective use of organization development tools. As needed, this role will manage vendor and contract activity for learning and development projects.
1. Learning and Development: Designs and facilitates organizational development programs. Assesses organizational, leadership and team development needs, determines the best methodologies for successful development, and evaluates the effectiveness of methodologies and programs implemented. Prepares and manages program budgets and contracts. Ensures organizational development programs are aligned with the organization’s strategic goals and challenges. Manages external consultants who design, present, and/or facilitate programs.
2. Coaching and Mentoring: Provides executive and leadership coaching. Utilizes coaching methodologies of inquiry, personal discovery and feedback to establish the coaching agreement, gain client trust, create awareness and facilitate learning and results. May mentor less experienced peers.
3. Project Management: Responsible for program and project assignments, working independently or collaboratively as appropriate to accomplish the assignment. Keeps supervisors informed of project(s) status and any potential problems or political concerns. Completes all assignments on time within the boundaries of the agreed upon delivery date. Explains all outcomes to customers and concerns are constructively resolved.
4. Consultation, Collaboration and Support: Consults with senior leaders regarding employee retention, succession planning, workforce engagement, human capital management and leadership competencies. Supports activities to improve organizational effectiveness and performance results by planning and implementing organizational and leadership development projects. Collaborates with management to gain knowledge of work situations requiring learning and coordinates the delivery of education to meet learning needs.
5. Planning and Analysis: Performs data collection strategies (qualitative and quantitative) to assess issues impacting the team effectiveness. Along with an HR Business Partner, analyzes departmental structure and recommends appropriate strategies and interventions to improve departmental processes, communications, leadership and the quality of work life. Evaluates the outcome of coaching and cultural change interventions based on client goals and impact on business drivers. Analyzes data as a component of action research on new methodologies and strategies. Reports action research in research reports and publishes results.
● Bachelor's degree in a related field.
● PCC Credential from ICF preferred.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Four (4) years of relevant experience as an Organizational Development Consultant and/or Leadership Coach.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Excellent presentation skills. Demonstrated success in project management. Proven organizational and problem solving skills. Demonstrated ability to design and deliver effective learning programs. Demonstrated ability to work independently or collaborate as part of a team. Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Learning and Org Development
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.