Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 11656
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
*This position qualifies for a $30,000 commitment incentive, paid in three (3) installments over a three (3) year commitment. Payment of $10,000 is made after each twelve (12) month period of work completed. Learn more here:https://jobs.unchealthcare.org/pages/crna-anesthesiology-assistant-commitment-incentive-program
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Anesthetizes patients undergoing surgical, medical, obstetrical, diagnostic, psychiatric, or resuscitative procedures either by general, regional, or monitored anesthesia. Functions under the administrative guidelines of the Department of Surgical Services, and under the medical direction of the attending anesthesiologists of the Department of Anesthesiology
1. Assesses patient pre-operatively in a timely and efficient manner. This includes performance of history and physical, development of anesthesia plan of care, documentation of assessment and plan, explanation of care, risks and benefits to patient and family, assembly of equipment and drugs. Meets annual departmental quality metrics for turnover times, on-time starts and QI submissions.
2. Attends continuing education and professional meetings, participates in institutional and departmental committees, and contributes to the clinical learning experience of other health care professionals.
3. Contributes to performance improvement. Evaluates problem areas, plans and implements measures to assure improvement in patient outcomes, assists in collection of data and participates in Impact Care activities.
4. Maintains anesthesia records, Impact Care reports and other documents in a legible manner
5. Provides anesthesia. This includes performs ASA-approved checklist of equipment, provides safe environment for patient, administers anesthesia in accordance with the Department of Anesthesiology standards of care, places appropriate lines and monitors, adjusts care and notifies appropriate personnel in abnormal situations, transports patient at the end of the case, reports pertinent information, documents anesthesia care.
● Completion of a Nurse Anesthesia program accredited by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA).
● Certified or eligible for certification by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetist.
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: Anesthesiology Department
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.