Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 13398
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for researching, designing, and guiding the implementation of innovative solutions supporting the vision of information technology architecture and strategy supporting the technical infrastructure.
1. Analyzes and identifies enterprise business trends and business strategies to develop applicable IT application solutions. Plans and conducts new technology evaluations to determine infrastructure solutions based on business requirements and makes recommendations for improvement of infrastructure, technology, operational capability, reliability and performance. Analyzes the current technology infrastructure to detect critical deficiencies and recommends improved cost transparency solutions, ROI and other cost-benefit analysis.
2. Provides input to the current architecture, planning, and maintenance strategies of the enterprise desktop and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI).
3. Executes and maintains best practices for desktops, laptops and attached peripherals including but not limited to system image management, software deployment, application packaging process deployment and patch management.
4. Provides tier 3 technical support to Desktop Technicians and work in partnership with Service Desk and Infrastructure teams.
5. Provides key input in the development and maintenance of the technology strategic plan. Leads infrastructure project implementation of systems capacity and availability products and strategies. Recommends for improvement of infrastructure, technology, operational capability, reliability and performance of IT applications/platforms.
6. Provides strategic oversight for complex key information service architecture decisions within area of specialty to define developing plans to adopt and implement new technology strategies for the design of complex information technology solutions and escalation for system issues.
7. Works with Network, Storage, Database, Applications, Telecommunications and other departments to provide a stable and scalable technology infrastructure. Collaborates with all teams to identify the appropriate technology required and the means with which to resolve complex issues related to infrastructure solution design, configuration and building. Identifies when it is necessary to modify the technical architecture to accommodate project needs.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Five (5) years of relevant experience.
● If an Associate's degree: Nine (9) years of relevant experience.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Twelve (12) years of relevant experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent analytical and communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly responsive to internal customers.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: IT End User Support
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.