Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 14119
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Business Analytics Specialist provides business intelligence support to UNC Health Care's statewide clinically integrated network. The primary purpose is to provide data driven insights and actionable information to our clinical practices and operational teams to be a change agent for improvement, efficiency and best practice. Position serves as Revenue Cycle/Contracts Supervisor with one direct report and is responsible for budgeting, analysis, modeling and pro forma development. Must have advanced Excel skills.
1. Builds strong consultative relationships, establishing value as a key business partner for information. Performs as a data insights advisor to the Business. Provide data models that generate operational and strategic insights to inform short and long term business objectives. Function as a liaison between project stakeholders and ISD. Synthesize information from a variety of internal and external sources to support actionable business decisions. Ensure the highest level of data integrity and security across UNC Health Care's business intelligence portfolio. Supports information requests from inception to delivery including defending results and recommendations.
2. Demonstrates efficient project management to clearly define projects, develop project plans, and set priorities for working teams.
3. Drafts reporting requirements and engages ISD development partners to implement solutions. Ensures ad-hoc reporting requests are captured, prioritized and where possible create standardized dynamic reports to meet ad hoc reporting needs. Simplify reporting delivery and usage wherever possible. Ensures consistent output formatting across all reporting solutions.
4. Translates customer data questions and requirements into actionable analytic score cards, dashboards, reports in support of financial and quality improvement projects and initiatives and tell a story with the data. Leads the development of effective key performance indicators, management dashboards and balanced scorecards that provide enhanced insight and improve organizational decision-making.
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of experience performing analytics.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Strong analytical and problem solving skills along with ability to work with large, disparate data sets, performing data mining, validation and analysis to trend and interpret information. Excellent communication skills and able to interpret and tell the story of the data. Experience managing multiple and competing tasks/priorities with delivery deadlines in fast paced, complex environment. Great attention to detail and accuracy and must maintain excellent communications with customers especially with regard to data and information request and status. Proven experience distilling, breaking down and communicating complex data and information into insights that drive decisive action for nontechnical audiences. Demonstrated use of Business Objects, Excel, Access and PowerPoint are critical. Candidates must demonstrate all required qualifications.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: SOM Ped Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.