Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 13579
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Develops and provides services related to the orientation, continuing education, and assessment of clinical Respiratory Therapy staff.
1. Collaborates with managers and staff to assess the learning needs and competencies of staff. Serves as a consultant/mentor for staff in areas of program development, clinical practice, and professional development.
2. Designs, delivers, and assesses learning activities and curricula related to clinical competencies, departmental/organizational policies, regulatory requirements, and the use of clinical information technologies.
3. Serves as a consultant/mentor for staff in areas of program development, clinical practice, and professional development.
4. Participates in the development, coordination, and delivery of new staff orientation and education activities.
● Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Therapy program. Bachelor's degree in professional field and/or related field required.
● Credentialed as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC). Licensed as a Respiratory Care Practitioner by the North Carolina Respiratory Care Board. Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires five (5) years respiratory experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Respiratory Therapy
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.