Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 14210
Location: Kinston, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Per Diem
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The certified nurse midwife (CNM) is an advanced practice nurse who is responsible for the assessment, plan, implementation and evaluation of nurse midwifery care delivered to antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum, and newborn patients. The CNM performs physical exams, collects and documents data, manages labor and spontaneous delivery, conducts diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, orders and schedules laboratory studies and professional consultations, and prescribes appropriate interventions and medications.
1. Works in collaboration with the supervising physician to provide primary health care services within the scope of the licensed Nurse Practitioner. Maintains compliance with the Collaborative Practice Agreement, including drugs, devices, medical treatments, tests and procedures that may be prescribed, ordered and performed by the Nurse Practitioner.
2. Obtains patient histories, performs complete or problem focused exams, and orders diagnostic tests and treatments. Evaluates findings to formulate an integrated plan of care, and documents care provided in the patient's medical record.
3. Prescribes appropriate pharmaceuticals in compliance with the standards established in the Prescribing Authority by the NCBON.
4. Provides guidance and counseling to patients and families. Provide patient and family education related to prenatal, intrapartum, postpartum, newborn and interconceptional care.
5. Participates in quality improvement activities including ongoing review of care provided through regularly scheduled meetings with the supervising physician at least every six months, and annual review of the Collaborative Practice Agreement. Plans for and identifies situations beyond the Nurse Practitioner's expertise, and consults with and refers to other health care providers as appropriate.
6. Ensures compliance with established safety and regulatory guidelines, including HIPAA, CLIA, OSHA, and infection prevention policies and procedures.
7. Demonstrates good customer service skills when interacting with patients, families, and visitors. Demonstrates effective communication skills and team work.
8. Provide direct clinical services and management of mothers and babies as defined in the standing orders, policies, procedures and protocols for the certified nurse midwife.
● MSN Required. Must have current or compact RN licensure in the state of North Carolina. Certification as a Nurse Midwife is required.
● RN NC LIC
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three years of nursing experience in a clinical setting required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: UNC Women's Health at Lenoir
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Kinston
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.