Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 14303
Location: Lenoir, NC
Facility/Division: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Child Care Attendant provides prompt and courteous customer service to all guests, patients and/or familes. Interacts with children to provide a stimulating and fun place while ensuring a safe and clean environment.
1. Answers phone calls, takes messages and schedules children into the area in accordance with established policies and procedures. Responsible for area opening and closing procedures and verifying that essential staff are on site as needed for efficient and safe operations.
2. Effectively handles complaints and situations. Analyzes critical situations and exercises good judgement to arrive at effective solutions. Communicates employee and guest concerns to the appropriate staff.
3. Greets all parents/children into the area and ensures registration in accordance with departmental policies and procedures. Reads, plays and interacts with the children as appropriate. Provides a safe and clean environment for the children. Ensures that children interact safely with one another and intervenes as necessary. Responsible for the proper exchange of the children to/from the area. Meets the basic needs of each child in the area if needed.
4. Helps maintain and re-stocks inventory and supplies in play area. Maintains high standards of facility cleanliness. Monitors toys and supplies which come in contact with children. Keeps all toys clean and ensures that all toys are in safe working order. Routinely disinfects toys on daily or as needed basis.
5. For Wellness Center- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested by the Front Desk Lead and/or Front Desk Manager. Works with other nursery employees to build enthusiastic and highly competent team. Helps develop effective and motivational goals to enhance superior customer service standards. Attends monthly staff meetings. Helps maintain and update registrations electronically or on paper. Helps identify opportunities for controlling expenses without sacrificing customer service and works with Front Desk Lead and/or Front Desk Manager to implement new strategies.
● None required.
● Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification or Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certification may be required within one (1) month from date of hire.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Organization Unit: Quest4Life
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 19.75
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Lenoir
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.