Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 13994
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
THIS POSITION IS REMOTE
The Teleacute Support Specialist coordinates to ensure successful and timely audio/visual (AV) consults occur between a provider and patient in the inpatient hospital setting. This individual is responsible for communicating with the consulting provider and the telepresenter, at the originating site, to complete scheduling requirements, arrange for any patient needs, and provide technology support to ensure patient, provider, and telepresenter readiness for the AV consult. In addition to AV consult scheduling and communication, maintains daily reports, participates in projects and operations support, assists with development of departmental and program standards, and provides professional assistance to physicians, clinical staff, administrative staff, and management staff. The Teleacute Support Specialist may also complete administrative oversight and tasks related to Virtual Care Services operations. This is a remote position and scheduled work hours are Monday – Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm with flexibility to work as early as 7:00am or as late as 6:00pm as needed. May also include rotating weekend coverage in the future.
1. Works with consulting provider and telepresenter/requesting entity to schedule the AV consult
2. Ensures excellent customer service by consistently demonstrating a caring, positive, professional, and helpful disposition with all customer relations.
3. Assists with determining patient readiness for AV consult and makes arrangements for interpreters or other services necessary to effectively complete the AV consult
4. Connects via AV consult technology to the telepresenter/patient to ensure all technology is working correctly, complete any troubleshooting, and provide a warm handoff to the consulting provider.
5. Provides guidance to the telepresenter and patient throughout setup to ensure optimal AV consult environment, patient positioning, etc.
6. Provides on-demand technology support & trouble shooting for patients/telepresenters/clinical staff/providers when needed
7. Utilizes Epic@UNC to monitor consults via system lists & pools to ensure timeliness of responses
8. Answers and responds to incoming calls, messages, and emails
9. Collects data and feedback for report outs and quality improvement
10. Effectively uses Microsoft office products in order to produce reports and documents
11. Works to meet internal and external customer needs according to program standards
12. Completes tasks as assigned by Virtual Care Services leadership
13. Enhances co-worker satisfaction by being self-motivated, a positive communicator, team player, and a willing and approachable resource to other co-workers. Demonstrates willingness to change to ensure continuous improvement.
14. Accountability: Manages performance to meet expected results
15. Effectively precepts new co-workers as assigned.
16. Cross-training and cross-coverage for ambulatory virtual patient support as needed
● High School Diploma or GED
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two (2) years of customer service and/or clerical experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements: Ability to perform the essential functions of the position as outlined above. Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to engage positively with patients and families and to work as a team with staff and clinics. Ability to use a computer to document required information into the electronic medical record. Customer-focused orientation. Proficiency with technology; adept at trouble-shooting/problem-solving technology necessary for video and phone visits. Ability to help patient connection to video in any health care setting. Experience in a healthcare setting and understanding of medical terminology preferred.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Virtual Care Center - Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
UNC Health and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.