Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 13362
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
This position is eligible to work from home in the following states: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
UNC Health is seeking a Senior Solutions Architect. This position is a top-level information technology subject matter expert who will be responsible for leading the solution/application design, development, implementation, optimization, and support of business solutions using various technologies. Solutions Architect bridges the gap between business problems/initiatives and technology solutions. Senior Solutions Architect will take a lead role in the development and design of cloud solutions/strategies that will transform Information Technology solutions and service automation.
• Responsible for overall solution integrity of large and complex solutions, providing direction to other Solution Architects on technology and design choices.
• Lead technical expert in a broad set of technologies that includes infrastructure (networks, storage, systems), client technologies (including mobile apps and devices, virtual client technologies), security and authentication technologies.
• Architects, develops, and implements DevOps concepts to automate service offers to transform Information Technology solutions including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) across hybrid cloud.
• Establishes overall hybrid and multi-cloud architecture vision & roadmap, ensuring specific technical capabilities and tools are appropriately designed and leveraged based on practical/hands on experience. Responsible for defining the overall architecture to map various components to cloud technologies addressing aspects related security, integration, high availability, and disaster recovery and manage the adoption process.
• Conducts and documents architectural and engineering review of proposed IT investments/solutions to determine the strategic alignment, satisfaction of business requirements, and technical soundness.
• Provides innovative technical recommendations to management to inform decisions for proposed IT investments/solutions.
• Serves as a top-level information technology subject matter expert/lead and provides technical leadership to project teams, communicating clearly and concisely to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Leads, develops, and maintains an architectural blueprint and evolutionary roadmap that defines and communicates the strategic direction for these architectures deliver value in support of business and technical strategies. Develops reference architecture and standards in accordance with Enterprise Architecture framework.
• Analyzes current and future business requirements for IT solutions, documenting gaps and opportunities using written, graphical, and quantitative techniques. Supports risk identification and mitigation process and provides issue management recommendations as required. Independently performs proof of concepts, analysis of alternatives, and brief results to management.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Seven (7) years of relevant experience.
If an Associate's degree: Eleven (11) years of relevant experience.
If a High School diploma or GED: Fourteen (14) years of relevant experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
• Working knowledge of containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
• Working knowledge of APIs, API Integration, and API Management (REST, SOAP)
• Up to date knowledge of the Azure IAAS/PAAS service portfolio.
• Strong understanding of Azure networking concepts including VNet Peering, ExpressRoute, Virtual WAN and subnetting.
• Development experience using Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Bicep, ARM, DSC) and DevOps tooling (Git, GitHub, Azure DevOps).
• Working knowledge of modern authentication protocols and technologies (SAML, OIDC, OAUTH, AzureAD)
• Knowledge of ITIL and Enterprise Architecture (EA) principles and processes • Client focused approach with strong interpersonal skills and close attention to detail • Good time management skills with the ability to work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: IT Network Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.