Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 89
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Solutions Architect is a top-level information technology subject matter expert who will be responsible for providing expert advice on solution/application design, development, implementation, optimization and support of business solutions using various technologies.
1. Conducts and documents architectural and engineering review of proposed IT investments/solutions to determine the strategic alignment, satisfaction of business requirements, and technical soundness.
2. Provides innovative technical recommendations to management to inform decisions for proposed IT investments/solutions.
3. Provides expert advice on application solutions including assisting with planning and architectural design, development, and resolution of technical issues.
4. Serves as a top-level information technology subject matter expert and provides technical leadership to project teams, communicating clearly and concisely to technical and non-technical audiences.
5. Analyzes current and future business requirements for IT solutions, documenting gaps and opportunities using written, graphical and quantitative techniques. Supports risk identification and mitigation process and provides issue management recommendations as required. Independently performs proof of concepts, analysis of alternatives, and brief results to management.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Six (6) years of direct experience.
● If an Associate's degree: Ten (10) years of direct experience.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Thirteen (13) years of direct experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent analytical and communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly responsive to internal customers.
Entity: Shared Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.