Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 11563
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Serves as a technical expert on systems and server administration. Maintains, patches, and resolves issues in the technology infrastructure specializing in operating systems and platforms supporting the UNC Health Care System. Applies professional experience and training in information technology to keep production systems operating securely and consistently.
1. Follows appropriate change control procedures when making system changes. Change records are submitted well in advance whenever possible and include relevant detailed information.
2. Maintains operating system-level software to highest security and fix levels allowed by vendor's certification of application software. Systems are maintained in an audit-ready state and are upgraded to latest stable releases.
3. Monitors systems performance by collecting and analyzing data using a variety of tools. Recommends and/or implements tuning measures to optimize performance if needed. Maintains and edits rules for event detection, to ensure system anomalies are captured. Works effectively with co-workers and vendors to isolate and resolve system problems. Monitors server backups daily for trends, missed files/folders, or any discrepancies and works to resolve any problems.
4. Responsible for coordinating installation, maintenance, and inventory tracking of datacenter equipment, such as servers and parts for asset tracking.
5. Serves as the escalation point for End User Services for complex issues, especially those that may be server related.
6. Supports other critical applications running on servers for those application functions that interact with the underlying operating system.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Two (2) years of direct experience.
● If an Associate's degree: Six (6) years of direct experience.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Ten (10) years of direct experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent analytical and communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly responsive to internal customers.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: IT Computer Oper Tech Supp
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.