Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 14183
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
We are looking for an Operating Room Attendant for our Ambulatory Surgery Center to work 40 hours a work that qualifies for an extensive State benefit package.
Our day surgery (M-F) include services such as but not limited to: Sports Medicine: Knee, Shoulder, Hip Arthroscopies, ACL, Surgery Oncology, Dental, Plastics, ENT: Sinus Endoscopy, Cochlear Implants, Urology, General and Vascular surgeries. We have an inclusive educational / orientation program which allows our nurses to scrub and circulate. This is a fast paced environment that encourages professional growth and development with outstanding teamwork.
The ideal candidate for this position should have good communication skills, be able to perform environmental, equipment and supply maintenance service for the Operating Rooms. They should have basic knowledge of patient safety when transporting and positioning patients under the direction of licensed personnel.
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs environmental, equipment and supply maintenance services for Operating Rooms, assists in transportation of patients to and from the Operating Rooms and other duties as specified by licensed personnel
1. Changes mop water, mop, and cleans mop room and hallways, and maintains sub-sterile and scrub sink areas per policy and procedure.
2. Communicates with RN circulator and OR schedule coordinator to plan transport, assistance with positioning and holding limbs for surgical site prep. Assists with other patient care activities as assigned by circulator.
3. Obtains case needs for each OR suite including positioning aids, equipment, and room supplies. Obtains linen cart and distributes linens. Checks and restocks warmers throughout shift. Obtains bed from floor or ICU. Obtains clean patient stretcher with clean linens, IV pole, oxygen tank with adequate oxygen level. Obtains blood, blood products and medications from appropriate location. Stocks OR suites.
4. Transports specimens, blood and blood products to and from laboratories.
● High School diploma or GED
● Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Provider certification.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● A combination of prior training and/or experience that provides the ability to perform the assigned tasks.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: UNCH Operating Room ASC
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.