Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 14924
Location: Eden, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Serves as Nurse Manager for a Skilled Nursing Facility.
1. Facilitates staffing and patient care assignments appropriate to patient care needs for a specific unit, including biophysical, psycho-social, and agespecific needs, and competency of staff.
2. Evaluates staff performance and implements improvement activities to assure safe, quality patient care.
3. Serves as clinical and management resource for decision making and problem solving.
4. Assesses patient's condition, including biophysical, psychosocial and age specific needs.
5. Documents patient's status, according to unit specific procedure. Monitors the nursing plan of care on assigned patients.
6. Collaborates with other health care team members to develop an individualized plan of care utilizing the nursing and medical diagnosis.
7. Evaluates patient's status, nursing instructions, appropriateness of the nursing plan of care, and outcomes of the care provided.
8. Initiates a patient education plan according to the individualized needs of the patient, as prescribed by Physician and/or hospital procedure,including patient and family instruction as well as discharge planning.
9. Evaluates staff performance and patient outcomes and implements improvement activities to assure safe quality patient care, using evidencedbased management.
● Requires graduation from an accredited licensed practical nurse program
● Requires Practical Nurse licensure from the State of North Carolina
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires at least 1 year of nursing leadership experience (charge nurse, supervisor, lead). Experience in a long-term care or skilled nursing facility strongly preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Organization Unit: MNC NSG Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Eden
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.