Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 15304
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Medical Oncology Clinical Director
The Medical Oncology Clinical Director is responsible for the overall leadership and operations for our medical operations at the North Carolina Cancer Hospital (NCCH). Medical oncology operations is central to the care coordination of our academic program. NCCH is the clinical home to the Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center. UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center is one of only 52 National Center Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers, and was rated as exceptional - the highest category- by the National Cancer Institute. The program is devoted to improve the prevention, early detection and treatment of cancer.
The position specifically leads our Hematology Oncology and Multidisciplinary clinics, the Adult lab draw station and Adult Infusion Center. In partnership with our Medical Directors and faculty, the Medical Oncology Clinical Director is directly responsible for the care delivery coordination for our clinical teams to ensure delivery of high quality, cost-effective, and efficient healthcare in accordance with annual operating goals, objectives, and organizational policies. Serves as an active member of the NCCH's leadership team partnering with Executive, Pharmacy and Physician Leadership to establish direction and strategy for all areas of responsibility to optimally support the Medical Center's strategic priorities.
Prefer candidate with degree in Master's degree in nursing, business administration or other related health care program. Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) and/or related clinical or administrative certifications are strongly preferred. Additionally, five years in oncology management, previous direct oncology care experience and at least four years of full-time experience in a comprehensive cancer center including one year experience in a supervisory, administrative, consultative, managerial or executive capacity are considered assets for the position.
Plans, designs, coordinates, and evaluates a clinic for UNC Medical Center. Responsible for input, coordination, and ongoing financial oversight of the department budget. Oversees nursing staff and administrative staff that work within the department.
1. Leading People - Leads people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Provides an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts. Treats sensitive or confidential information appropriately. Works to improve and reinforce performance of others. Delegates assignments, clarifies expectations and holds others accountable for achieving results related to their area of responsibility. Encourages workforce engagement by building a commitment to excellence. Works collaboratively toward solutions that accomplish organizational objectives.
2. Leading Change - Initiates and manages the change process, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace. Communicates a compelling vision and need for change that generates excitement, enthusiasm, and commitment to the process. Clearly communicates the direction, required performance, and challenges of change to all involved parties. Identifies and enlists the support of key individuals and groups to move the change forward. Obtains and provides resources to implement change initiatives. Serves as a role model by demonstrating commitment to innovation and continuous improvement in organizational performance.
3. Results Driven - Exceeds departmental and organizational goals and customer expectations. Makes decisions that produce high-quality results by applying knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Delivers high-quality services and is committed to continuous improvement. Understands the overall financial performance of the organization and applies financial concepts and practices to establish and maintain realistic budgets. Uses financial information to monitor overall financial status of operations.
● Bachelor’s degree in related field; prefer candidate with Master's degree in nursing, business administration or other related health care program.
● If a Registered Nurse: Requires licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If Bachelor’s degree, Five (5) years of operations experience in a tertiary care setting, including three (3) years of experience in a supervisory position in a related field.
● If Master’s degree: Three (3) years of professional operations experience in a tertiary care setting with two (2) years in supervisory position in a related field.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Understands and applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Oncology Administration
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.