Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 12195
Location: Eden, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position assists with activities which fulfill the marketing and communications needs of UNC Health Care System. Employees work under close supervision, assisting with writing publications, developing media and marketing communications, and supporting public relations activities. Employees may be responsible for the implementation of small projects or work as part of a team on larger projects.
1. As directed, carries out the plans made for special events such as community health fairs, screenings, etc.
2. Assists in the development of marketing communications including direct mail, direct to customer marketing, customer relationships and database marketing.
3. Assists in writing, and helps photographers, in the preparation of certain publications such as brochures, booklets, alumni materials and employee and special constituent newsletters.
4. Helps carry out community relations activities involving education programs, health classes, and business expos and is a liaison with groups such as chambers of commerce, businesses, school systems, etc.
5. Supports internal communications to staff and medical staff through newsletters, websites, meetings, posters, bulletins, etc.
6. Supports media relations, by helping with the creation of news releases, responding to media inquiries, assisting in the preparation for news conferences, and supporting web and database media relationships.
7. Supports public relations which involve aiding in the planning and execution of persuasive campaigns using paid and public media and other channels and assisting with communications during crisis management.
● Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, Public Relations, Marketing or related field.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of experience in communications, public relations, marketing or related field.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Organization Unit: RHC Mktg & Public Relations
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Eden
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.