Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 14518
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Night Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position is eligible for our Clinical Laboratory Incentive Program which includes your choice of $10,000 Tuition Loan Forgiveness or $5,000 Commitment Incentive. To learn more on the incentive program guidelines and eligible positions, visit https://jobs.unchealthcare.org/pages/lab-incentive-program?bid=12881
Performs a variety of patient testing in multiple laboratory disciplines and in specialty laboratories, in support of clinical activities in the UNCHCS.
Days of the week: Monday through Friday and rotating weekends.
Hours: 23:15 - 07:45. (Example: Being scheduled for a Monday shift means you are to report to work on Sunday night at 23:15 and your shift ends Monday morning at 07:45).
1. Investigates problems with equipment, test results, specimens, and/or workflow.
2. May serve as a Lead Technologist or Program Manager in areas such as quality control, education, competency, equipment, safety, etc.
3. Monitors daily operation of laboratory section or work area.
4. Participates on teams or performs special projects/assignments
5. Performs non-routine, more complex test procedures including special chemical, microscopic and bacteriologic laboratory tests. Observes tests and reactions and provides data.
6. Performs quality control and equipment maintenance in the appropriate laboratories.
7. Reports results to healthcare providers. Consults/confers with healthcare providers regarding test results.
8. Reviews test results to ensure accuracy of report and timely correction of errors.
9. Trains new employees. Teaches Clinical Laboratory Science students and Pathology residents. Serves as a technical resource.
● Requires Bachelor's of Science degree.
● Requires MLS/MT (ASCP), MT (NCA), or MT (AMT) certification.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires two years of experience at the medical laboratory technologist, cytotechnologist, or histotechnologist level.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Core Laboratory
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Night Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.