Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 14109
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
This position can be remote or you can work at one of our entities.
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
HCS - Information Security Analyst will protect institutional and patient data and IT assets from a variety of threats that cause a data breach, data destruction or prolonged downtime. Provide security knowledge to help with the selection of products while keeping an eye on the protection of information technology resources and confidential data across the health system. Engage in projects, requirement analysis, security solutions research, and implementation of security technologies. Security incident response including, detection, containment, recovery, forensics and reporting. Assemble data from different sources for analysis.
1. Security assessments and maturity efforts - Uses tools and processes to effectively carry out security reviews and assessments for assigned entity. Maintains inventories and inventory processes of information resources protected by security regulations so security reviews/ assessments can be performed. Works as the security leader, and first point of contact for security questions and guidance for clinical, business staff and leaders for assigned entities. Works with the larger Information Security team to assist in maturity efforts for the Information Security Office. Appropriately escalates issues presenting unacceptable risk to the institution. Monitors risk mitigation progress and remediation tasks.
2. Security Architecture, Consulting and Evaluation - Assists in materializing security into projects. Develops and maintains processes, and procedures to evaluate suitability of devices, products, or software and/or feature offerings of proposed systems.
3. Information Security Risk Analysis - Develops, maintains, and applies tools, methods, and processes to collect and assemble data for input into the risk analysis process. Makes recommendations for corrective action for vulnerabilities that present unacceptable risk to the organization. Monitors progress for corrective action and assists action teams in making progress. Works to complete HIPAA risk assessments for assigned entities, which might include workforce education and awareness activities.
4. Security Incident Prevention, Detection and Handling - Applies incident management policy, standards, and procedures to real or potential security incidents. Assists in research, evaluation and implementation of security technologies and systems to prevent, detect, and respond appropriately to threats to confidential information and to help protect information resources. Handles or escalates appropriately any reviews or products which do not meet our security standards. Writes professional and factual reports. Makes recommendations for risk reduction and process improvements.
5. Project Work – Contribute expertise in discovery and information gathering sessions. Participate in alternatives analysis evaluating pros and cons, technical feasibility, risk and other information to support a decision to select the best solution. Complete assigned project tasks on time. Communicate issues for timely resolution. Work with other project team members to remove barriers to progress. Communicate progress with project leader.
6. Other – Trains and assists less experienced information security staff and IT staff regarding security methods for systems they support. Takes on-call for urgent security events.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or a related field (or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience) required.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Four (4) years in professional IT positions, with 2 years of experience in related job functions required.
● If an Associate's degree: Eight (8) years in professional IT positions, with 2 years of experience in related job functions required.
● If a high school diploma or GED: Twelve (12) years in professional IT positions, with 2 years of experience in related job functions required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Troubleshoot, analyze, and test solutions to technical problems.
● Ability to work well in a team environment.
● Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
● Ability to write audience appropriate reports, standards, process, and procedures.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: IT Security
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.