Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 13919
Location: Lumberton, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
Provides a high level of technical support (development, testing, integration and implementation) of applications and interfaces which deliver IT tools and support business functions across the health system. Performs project management, requirements definitions, systems design, analysis, code development, problem resolution and vendor coordination.
1. Assists other IT teams with selection and provides technical evaluation of products / tools to ensure that the proposed solution adheres to enterprise-wide requirements, adapts to new requirements and changing technologies in order to meet business standardization protocols and objectives. May provide guidance to Applications System Analysts to ensure best practices, standard methodologies and processes are executed.
2. Develops and maintains clear, understandable documentation to describe program development and modification, as well as troubleshooting. Updates system and support documentation as necessary to reflect changes to programs, solutions, reports and interfaces.
3. Evaluates requests and consults in design for new or modified computer programs, solutions, reports and interfaces to determine feasibility and compatibility with current system. Identifies and recommends solution development for larger and complex projects and ensures best practice development. Formulates and develops plans at a high level and documents required steps to achieve stated requirements. Reviews plans with management/peers as appropriate.
4. Functions as a technical consultant to the health system and maintains high service levels. Participates in system wide initiatives to improve efficiency and reach institutional goals and objectives.
5. Updates management, customers and others as appropriate on a timely basis regarding progress on assigned tasks, projects and issues, via written or oral reports
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Four (4) years of experience with IT systems and/or related operational experience.
● If an Associate's degree: Eight (8) years of IT systems and/or related operational experience.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Twelve (12) years of IT systems and/or related operational experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent analytical and communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly responsive to internal customers.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: IT Clinical Systems
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.