Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 13898
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Member of the Epic Client System team. Provides technical expertise on all Epic Windows systems. Performs server administration and maintains multiple platforms supporting Epic. Assists with the deployment and support of systems and applications supporting Epic and the health care system.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for installing, upgrading, maintaining, and troubleshooting over 20 different Epic technical systems.
2. Maintain and proactively monitor over 2200 Windows servers, making sure that the Epic Windows infrastructure is always healthy and readily available.
3. Responsible for documenting all build procedures for Epic Windows systems. Also responsible for documenting troubleshooting steps and local client install procedures for other IT teams.
4. Responsible for day to day Epic Client System operations. This includes working with end users and multiple IT teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues as they arise. Also work on projects to implement new Epic features, as well as maintaining and upgrading existing infrastructure.
5. Serve as a liaison between end users, IT teams, Epic, third-party vendors and others as needed to provide a stable and scalable server infrastructure.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Two (2) years of relevant experience.
● If an Associate's degree: Six (6) years of relevant experience.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Ten (10) years of relevant experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent analytical and communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly responsive to internal customers.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: IT End User Support
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.