Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 14637
Location: Eden, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The House Supervisor provides operational and administrative oversight to all clinical departments during an assigned shift. The House Supervisor is responsible for patient care oversight, emergency direction, and handling of clinical complaints as appropriate. They function as the administrative resource and provide expert clinical support to the nursing team. In addition, the House Supervisor is able to problem solve and evaluate nursing care provided in the clinical setting and assign personnel accordingly based on patient and unit need. The House Supervisor understands the needs of the organization and supports the mission, values, and management of patient care.
1. Patient Care- Ensures that appropriate care and services are available to the organization, patients, families, and staff.Participates in the delivery of Carolina Care for all patients, families, and staff through rounding on all inpatient units and procedural areas. Provides service recovery to resolve situations and reinforces/educates Carolina Care concepts to staff.
2. Collaboration- Functions as a point of contact, resource and liaison for essential information for managers, directors, the Director on Call and other senior leaders.Serves as a clinical resource to staff on hospital policies and procedures
3. Patient Concerns- Takes action to identify and follow up on safety concerns of patients, families and staff members.
4. Occupational Health- Responsible for fit for duty and needlestick protocol on evening, nights & weekends
5. House Supervision- Assist staffing office to ensure adequate clinical staffing on each shift. Takes actions to assist with identification and resolution of operational and supply chain concerns. Provides supervision and support of nursing staff in the off hours. Responds to all emergency response calls. Activates the emergency operations plan and acts as the incident commander when situation warrants. Assists in bed placement decisions when unusual circumstances warrant.
● Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) from a state-accredited school of professional nursing.
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two (2) years of professional nursing experience in a tertiary care setting, and one (1) year of experience in the area assigned.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Organization Unit: RHC Nursing Admin
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 4.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Eden
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.