Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 14856
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Department of Pediatrics is seeking an experienced clinical Research Administrator for the Department’s centralized administrative core. Position will be responsible for pre and post-award administration of a large and complex portfolio of clinical Research awards. Specific knowledge of UNC financial systems and clinical Research Administration policies and procedures is highly desired. This position requires a background in finance with an ability to manage competing priorities and projects. Selected candidate must be organized, detail-oriented, able to meet and prioritize multiple deadlines, have strong analytical skills and be able to work independently with limited guidance.
The candidate should also possess superior written and oral communication and strong interpersonal skills as significant and frequent interface with internal and external stakeholders, including University research office personnel, clinical faculty and staff, faculty investigators, and sponsor representatives, is a large component of the position. Recent administrative management experience in a large, diverse clinical-academic setting and experience administering clinical trials is strongly preferred. Advanced Excel skills are essential.
1. Pre-award activities include compiling and submitting clinical research proposals on behalf of faculty, ensuring agency/foundation rules are followed in the preparation of grants; troubleshooting issues with grant filings and determining modifications; and overseeing budget development. This position will also negotiate clinical trial budgets.
2. Post-award activities include detailed reconciliation of assigned project budgets, preparing adjustments and corrections to project budgets in order to meet project goals and sponsor requirements, oversight of project spending, personnel effort management, and creating faculty budget reports.
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: One (1) year of experience in personnel, budgeting, research, or administrative management.
● If an Associate's degree: Five (5) years of experience in personnel, budgeting, research, or administrative management.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Nine (9) years of experience in personnel, budgeting, research, or administrative management.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: SOM Ped Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC: Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.